Lounge Lizard wrote:Twice is not time and time again.joewyan wrote:wacko74 wrote:You must have some very small and simple rurals if they only require one days training.joewyan wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:A deep rural needs two days training, not one, and it's not about hazards it's about all the ambiguous addresses, knowing the surnames for same named cottages in a hamlet, knowing properties that have two or three addresses, knowing to put the post on the kitchen table or wherever where there's no letterbox, and all sorts of other things like that.joewyan wrote:At the end of the day a delivery is a delivery. If it has much in the way of rural then you should potentially have a day training so you know where delivery points/hazards are etc. But apart from that no reason why you shouldn’t be put onto that straight away.
No a delivery is not a delivery.
If you say so. I’ve only ever needed one day training if that but maybe that’s just me?
To the O.P. I can only echo what others have already said, rurals may seem daunting, especially to a new starter, but I'd snap their hands off and accept it... in the long term your knees, ankles, feet will thank you for it!
No just common sense and the ability to learn things once I’ve been shown once and not be told time and time again how to do something! Some very long and challenging rurals in my old office.
And if you seriously think "At the end of the day a delivery is a delivery" then you know very little about deep rural duties.
Lounge lizard, you don’t know me. This is my experience and this includes deep rurals. I am giving my opinion. Obviously you require more training when learning a new job which is fine for you. Everyone learns different and some need/want more training than others. The OP may be completely different to both of us in their training needs and I hope their office allows them the proper training for them.