ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Maternity Leave
-
rockypostie
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 21:17
Maternity Leave
A female friend at work is currently on paid Maternity Leave which is due to end December time. It's looking like she wants to leave the business. There will be nothing wrong with her just handing her notice in the last 2 weeks of maternity leave?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Maternity Leave
https://www.maternityaction.org.uk/advi ... ity-leave/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Loads more information available at link. Also check out the maternity Fact sheets in Downloads https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=38335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;I have decided not to return to work. What should I do and what am I entitled to?
You should resign in the normal way, giving the notice period stated in your contract or agreed with your employer. If you resign during your maternity leave, you do not have to go into work to ‘work’ your notice, you can remain on maternity leave. But if you resign after the end of your maternity leave, you should work your notice unless you have agreed to take annual leave or you need to take sick leave.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.