ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
believe this as it's true, have had major probs getting shoes as I go through them too easy! a few times I had to email team Moya and the head of uniform to get sorted, the last time I was referred to the "demand supply manager" for my area I kid you not! it exists! it's a job, the Lino has ordered them I know, just about to have the fight to get some more now, these things are lasting max 3-months if that
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Do people really read the Courier? Must be better things to do....
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Came in from work and the missus said the Couriers in the bin. Happy to hear that I said!
Propaganda s**te. According to it, everything within RM is hunky dory!
Propaganda s**te. According to it, everything within RM is hunky dory!
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
If you need it, you should have it, irrespective of how long it is supposed to last. Unless it’s a case of ‘stores are for storing and issues are for issuing’. However, it would be interesting to know how much items cost
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Ha,it’s laughable yes the anvil trainers aren’t bad but because we do a lot of walking the soles do wear down and the yellow marker disappears and you have to order a new pair via manager who has had to take a pic as they have worn out quicker than expected,mmmmmm sorry for wearing them out but that’s how it is,
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Just Say It always responds with a put down.Downeagle wrote:I agree that the letter writer is usually put down.....
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
does that mean I can buy some harringtons?
-
standanddeliver
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 20:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Barnoldswick
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
I didn't even open mine - I ripped it up through the plastic wrapping like I always doredneck wrote:Courier binned wuthin 30 seconds of opwning, that's 30 seconds exposure more when it was 100% propoganda recently. A s+++e rag that is on a par with the Express.
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Blimey that's an overaction to asking a questionDowneagle wrote:I agree that the letter writer is usually put down.....
No one vill question me...... ever.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
vastus35
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 21 Nov 2014, 16:47
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Health & Safety at work act 1974 states that, the employer should provide safety equipment free of charge. That's the law ,set in stone. no argument. Then again..........apple wrote:believe this as it's true, have had major probs getting shoes as I go through them too easy! a few times I had to email team Moya and the head of uniform to get sorted, the last time I was referred to the "demand supply manager" for my area I kid you not! it exists! it's a job, the Lino has ordered them I know, just about to have the fight to get some more now, these things are lasting max 3-months if that
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Anyone else notice that the stitching on the trousers pulls apart far too easily??
Velcro patches becoming unstitched after a month of wearing, seams becoming unstitched by pockets after six months of use !
Cheap crap that will not achieve the expected lifespan of two years.
Velcro patches becoming unstitched after a month of wearing, seams becoming unstitched by pockets after six months of use !
Cheap crap that will not achieve the expected lifespan of two years.
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
Arnt I the lucky one I left a few months ago and still get the lying mag oops I mean the courier! 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
The only parts of the uniform considered safety equipment are a hi-viz vest and steel toe-capped boots/ shoes(indoor staff only).vastus35 wrote:Health & Safety at work act 1974 states that, the employer should provide safety equipment free of charge. That's the law ,set in stone. no argument. Then again..........apple wrote:believe this as it's true, have had major probs getting shoes as I go through them too easy! a few times I had to email team Moya and the head of uniform to get sorted, the last time I was referred to the "demand supply manager" for my area I kid you not! it exists! it's a job, the Lino has ordered them I know, just about to have the fight to get some more now, these things are lasting max 3-months if that
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32809
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2017/10/happy-feet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Above allocation requests for replacement footwear
Slips, trips and falls continue to be one of the highest injury categories for colleagues, particularly during the autumn and winter months, and the most likely cause of injuries resulting in absence from work.
One way you can help reduce the risk of slip-related injuries is to ensure your work footwear is of good quality with good tread.
Colleagues are entitled to two pairs of shoes every year. Although footwear should last around 20 weeks, there can be occasions when shoes need to be replaced earlier due to excess wear and tear.
What is the process in place to deal with this?
Managers can order footwear for team members over and above the approved allocation when required. The above allocation guidelines for managers can be found here.(intranet link)
Please ensure this process is followed if colleagues require replacement shoes over and above the two pairs they are able to order themselves.
A one-stop-shop page for all your self-service uniform queries can be found here.(intranet link)
Outdoor slips, trips and falls account for a number of broken bones, bruising and musculoskeletal conditions each year. Hazards such as potholes, slippery surfaces, and broken or loose paving stones can present a real risk of accidents particularly in wet weather.
Follow the below simple guidelines to stay safe:
Above allocation requests for replacement footwear
Slips, trips and falls continue to be one of the highest injury categories for colleagues, particularly during the autumn and winter months, and the most likely cause of injuries resulting in absence from work.
One way you can help reduce the risk of slip-related injuries is to ensure your work footwear is of good quality with good tread.
Colleagues are entitled to two pairs of shoes every year. Although footwear should last around 20 weeks, there can be occasions when shoes need to be replaced earlier due to excess wear and tear.
What is the process in place to deal with this?
Managers can order footwear for team members over and above the approved allocation when required. The above allocation guidelines for managers can be found here.(intranet link)
Please ensure this process is followed if colleagues require replacement shoes over and above the two pairs they are able to order themselves.
A one-stop-shop page for all your self-service uniform queries can be found here.(intranet link)
Outdoor slips, trips and falls account for a number of broken bones, bruising and musculoskeletal conditions each year. Hazards such as potholes, slippery surfaces, and broken or loose paving stones can present a real risk of accidents particularly in wet weather.
Follow the below simple guidelines to stay safe:
- If surfaces are uneven, broken or wet, find an alternative route if possible.
Avoid reading and walking.
Don’t rush or take shortcuts.
Be safe on steps and stairs.
Be safe on slippery surfaces – if a surface is too slippery, don’t proceed.
Be safe on inclines and ramps.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Extra Uniform purchase scheme! - Courier
they keep telling me what my manager needs to do and he is doing it, someone is saying no your not having it! like I say the demand supply manager, when I contacted him just said "we deal with the orders as they come in in date order"POSTMAN wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2017/10/happy-feet
Above allocation requests for replacement footwear
Slips, trips and falls continue to be one of the highest injury categories for colleagues, particularly during the autumn and winter months, and the most likely cause of injuries resulting in absence from work.
One way you can help reduce the risk of slip-related injuries is to ensure your work footwear is of good quality with good tread.
Colleagues are entitled to two pairs of shoes every year. Although footwear should last around 20 weeks, there can be occasions when shoes need to be replaced earlier due to excess wear and tear.
What is the process in place to deal with this?
Managers can order footwear for team members over and above the approved allocation when required. The above allocation guidelines for managers can be found here.(intranet link)
Please ensure this process is followed if colleagues require replacement shoes over and above the two pairs they are able to order themselves.
A one-stop-shop page for all your self-service uniform queries can be found here.(intranet link)
Outdoor slips, trips and falls account for a number of broken bones, bruising and musculoskeletal conditions each year. Hazards such as potholes, slippery surfaces, and broken or loose paving stones can present a real risk of accidents particularly in wet weather.
Follow the below simple guidelines to stay safe:
Be safe on customers’ doorsteps.
- If surfaces are uneven, broken or wet, find an alternative route if possible.
Avoid reading and walking.
Don’t rush or take shortcuts.
Be safe on steps and stairs.
Be safe on slippery surfaces – if a surface is too slippery, don’t proceed.
Be safe on inclines and ramps.
we are doing what we are supposed to then wait a couple of weeks, they are not turning up, so order again wait a couple of weeks for them to turn up. you get where I am now that I am nearly through the only pair I have, I tried phoning dimensions with the manager there as I thought I might be able to do something rather than just an email. no such luck! the guy said "so your telling me that the shoes you had in march are worn out in June" I said not only are they worn out but they are split on the sole and I am going home with soggy feet, he seemed to be amazed.
I have had a word with a more senior manager so you never know I might get some soon!
I do wonder what would happen though if I did fall over and hurt myself, the shite would hit the fan as I have kept a record!