http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/wes ... e-13810387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The Royal Mail driver performed the finest 900 point turn I've ever seen," Hillingdon Police joked
A Royal Mail lorry got into a royal mess after getting stuck on a narrow bridge in Harefield for more than two hours.
The lorry was caught out on the bridge between Copper Mill Lane and Park Lane in Harefield, near the border with Hertfordshire.
Hillingdon Police posted on Twitter saying: "Road now re opened after Royal Mail driver performed the finest 900 point turn I've ever seen".
The lorry was stuck on the bridge, which has a 7.5 tonne weight limit, at around 3.36am on Wednesday (October 25).
The driver of the lorry was forced to manoeuvre his way back out of the tight, curved road, which was finally reopened more than two hours later. https://goo.gl/maps/dFZV1B54xPE2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Officers from both Hillingdon Police and Hertfordshire Constabulary attended the scene.
Royal Mail has been approached for comment on the incident.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail lorry forced to make '900 point turn' after getting stuck on bridge
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail lorry forced to make '900 point turn' after getting stuck on bridge
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail lorry forced to make '900 point turn' after getting stuck on bridge
surely that would be an 899 or 901 point turn?
-
Jonesy 1971
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail lorry forced to make '900 point turn' after getting stuck on bridge
Looking at where this incident took place in the lanes I think may well be a case of a diverted driver off the A40. It's easy for the media to mock, critise, poke fun etc. I would take a fair bet this chap could well be the victim of yet another unannounced closure and f***ing piss poorly signposted diversion we have to deal with that s**t often. When the old bill just shrug their shoulders and don't help ....... w*****s
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Royal Mail lorry forced to make '900 point turn' after getting stuck on bridge
Jonesy 1971 wrote:Looking at where this incident took place in the lanes I think may well be a case of a diverted driver off the A40. It's easy for the media to mock, critise, poke fun etc. I would take a fair bet this chap could well be the victim of yet another unannounced closure and f***ing piss poorly signposted diversion we have to deal with that s**t often. When the old bill just shrug their shoulders and don't help ....... w*****s