ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman Andrew from Chorley solves riddle to get letter to Lexi

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman Andrew from Chorley solves riddle to get letter to Lexi

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.lep.co.uk/your-lancashire/ch ... -1-8819609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A Chorley postman went out of his way to deliver letters to a youngster despite them having no stamps.

The two letters were written on note paper and folded, addressed ‘To Lexi’ with the first line of an address written in felt tip.

In the place of a postcode was a sticker. When postie Andrew Hunter, 47, emptied the postbox and caught sight of the letters he knew immediately he had to get them to the right address.

“I go and empty the post box as part of my round,” said Andrew. “When I opened it I saw two pieces of paper and I saw the child’s drawing and the address.

“It was just a wonderful moment and I thought - that’s absolutely lovely. “So I deciphered the address and thought I’ve got to post them.”

Andrew is a father to Morgan, aged 14, and Courtney, aged 22. He will also become a granddad in February. He told the Guardian he felt it was important to make sure the letter was delivered. “I was quite looking forward to posting them and making sure they got to the right address,” he said.

After Andrew posted them he shared a picture of the letters on Facebook with a short spiel: “I’m a postman in good ol Chorley. I deliver your letters, and empty the postboxes. “The letters all blend in, nothing different every day. “Until today, when I emptied the postbox and found these two. Normally no stamp, means no delivery. But today I made an exception and added a Royal Mail seal of approval before I delivered your letters.

“Whoever you are, thanks for making me smile. “Lexi has a good friend.” It prompted a flurry of comments from people commending him for posting them. Lexi’s Grandmother Janet Pickstock wrote on the thread: “My granddaughter will be thrilled to bits to receive her letter. You’re absolutely right that whoever her friend is that sent Lexi the letter is truly a wonderful friend indeed.”

Speaking to the Guardian Lexi’s mum Laura Bradwell said afterwards: “She came home from school that day and I said you’ve got some post. She was really pleased with the letter.”

Former X-Factor star Jonjo Kerr has even offered to buy Andrew a pint.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Postman Andrew from Chorley solves riddle to get letter to Lexi

Post by meercat »

There's no profit in this sort of thing for Royal Mail, he should have sent these letters to Belfast to get burned. We are not a public service we are a business. - sarcasm.



So how does RM endorsing this story sit with the instructions we've been given to kill off vague mail immediately rather than hold onto it to try and match up the name the next day???

Packets from China are being sent back on a 2 week journey when they could be delivered with a little effort.