ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Work place coach
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Walk logs lol. Must have been on over a 100 different walks. Never seen an up to date walk log. Half of them don't even have the correct streets anymore. WPC's may get paid for doing nothing. You can also say the same about most LM's.
-
Nick b
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
WPC???. I remember when this first appeared, and I have to agree with a previous entry only get paid for when you are actually coaching. In my old office it went to the managers pet, result a complete waste of money. I admit a few and I mean a very few coaches actually do work for their offices, for the rest it's just easy money.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
I was given such a log at my induction at Sheffield two yeas ago, along with a certificate which was to be signed up to show I'd doneInterested-seeker wrote:I.....there should be a a proper programme to follow and possibly a personal training log completed for each newbie. What RM need to do is create some literature for new starters, e.g. booklets on different kinds of mail, how to use PDA, what needs scanning what doesn't, etc.
manual handling training. I've still got them, blank as the day they were printed despite informing my manager several
times that I had them.
I've kept them in case if in the future there is some drama that I need the evidence of (non) training haven take place......
The only documented training I've had is:
Driver training
Collecting mail from a postbox training
New PDA basic training
I know it will be said that in the old days you learned on the job etc. etc but how can we complain about the job not
being done properly if people are not trained to do it properly and just cuff it/cut corners? How many injuries/physical conditions
might be avoided now and in the future if we were to be trained properly?
If we were trained properly then we could use that training and knowledge to challenge some of the tasks or the
amount of tasks that managers try to put on us......
-
FAB
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Ours did training on PDAs without having a clue how they work! And keeps redirecting those Do Not Redirect letters to me no matter how often he is reminded not too! Waste of money and space!
-
hazzeem025
- Posts: 280
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
It's not the fault of the WPC if they don't train new starters. That's the fault of the management. It's upto the management to release the WPC from his /her duty to train up the new starter. As the payment the WPC receive is an allowance any training they do should be done in the normal 8 hour attendance. What are the chances of a coach being released off their duty to train someone up on another duty? Pretty much zero because everywhere in Royal Mail is under staffed. Hardly the WPCs fault is it.
-
mondeo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
We have a couple of them in our office,complete tossers
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
It's money for old rope !
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
jrambo1 wrote:It's as big a cost to the business as someone regularly finishing their walk 45 mins early every day or doing 'ghost overtime' covering half walks. I'm sure though, that doesn't apply to you.walkthewalk wrote:WPC what a farce of a title for a worker within Royal Mail, £39 for the managers favourite that's 78 free coffees a week for the manager - stinks
Excellent point and no I do not finish early as what our WPC does
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Work place coach
That's right.hazzeem025 wrote:It's not the fault of the WPC if they don't train new starters. That's the fault of the management. It's upto the management to release the WPC from his /her duty to train up the new starter. As the payment the WPC receive is an allowance any training they do should be done in the normal 8 hour attendance. What are the chances of a coach being released off their duty to train someone up on another duty? Pretty much zero because everywhere in Royal Mail is under staffed. Hardly the WPCs fault is it.
Everywhere on this forum there seems to me to be people griping at their colleagues failings, be they perceived or real, rather than focusing on the real issue, which is the deliberate under-resourcing of offices by RM.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
We have 5 or 6 in our office, and none of them do any training. Even when we get new starters.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12198
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Probably the main flaw with WPCs is that generally all DOs (and probably all MCs) are always short on staff so havn't got the capacity to release the WPC to do whatever a WPC is meant to do
-
nelly21
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
I am not a wpc and was asked by my manager to train someone and I refused and said pay the allowance and I'll train him . I got paid the allowance as a one off payment.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Wasn't it Leightons baby?
There is a daily payment if you do WPC duties, like training.
Serious waste of money and a big farce!
There is a daily payment if you do WPC duties, like training.
Serious waste of money and a big farce!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Well said that man,everything expected to be done at break neck speed to compensate for mis managed offices,it’s shameful,and demoralising to say the least,and doing things safely securely and properly takes far too long ,, and work place coach,well now there’s money well spent,,,DGH wrote:That's right.hazzeem025 wrote:It's not the fault of the WPC if they don't train new starters. That's the fault of the management. It's upto the management to release the WPC from his /her duty to train up the new starter. As the payment the WPC receive is an allowance any training they do should be done in the normal 8 hour attendance. What are the chances of a coach being released off their duty to train someone up on another duty? Pretty much zero because everywhere in Royal Mail is under staffed. Hardly the WPCs fault is it.
Everywhere on this forum there seems to me to be people griping at their colleagues failings, be they perceived or real, rather than focusing on the real issue, which is the deliberate under-resourcing of offices by RM.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Ditto - I've got all my blank training logs in a folder at home for exactly the same reason. Just waiting til I get hauled up for something, or have an accident so I can show that I've never been trained. Any decent 'no win no fee' outfit would have a field day with the lack of documented training at RMyellowbelly wrote:I was given such a log at my induction at Sheffield two yeas ago, along with a certificate which was to be signed up to show I'd doneInterested-seeker wrote:I.....there should be a a proper programme to follow and possibly a personal training log completed for each newbie. What RM need to do is create some literature for new starters, e.g. booklets on different kinds of mail, how to use PDA, what needs scanning what doesn't, etc.
manual handling training. I've still got them, blank as the day they were printed despite informing my manager several
times that I had them.
I've kept them in case if in the future there is some drama that I need the evidence of (non) training haven take place......
The only documented training I've had is:
Driver training
Collecting mail from a postbox training
New PDA basic training
I know it will be said that in the old days you learned on the job etc. etc but how can we complain about the job not
being done properly if people are not trained to do it properly and just cuff it/cut corners? How many injuries/physical conditions
might be avoided now and in the future if we were to be trained properly?
If we were trained properly then we could use that training and knowledge to challenge some of the tasks or the
amount of tasks that managers try to put on us......