ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Injured at Work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Injured at Work

Post by Brandy »

RM a joke they always say they take accidents and animal bites seriously,what rubbish managers nearly always brush them under the carpet think it effects their bonus if they get reported.Whats the point of making out they are so caring when they are such bloody hypocrites!! :arrrghhh
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Injured at Work

Post by nickbsmooth »

I once lost my footing when I stepped into a open drain that I hadn't noticed as I was looking ahead not at my feet.
I was initially asked was I on my phone when walking, even though I had to limp back to van to retrieve my phone to call for assistance.
Then I had to sit in the office and do an interview despite the fact I had an open wound. My leg was soaking wet and god knows what was in that manky drain water.
I should have just milked it and had months off work afterwards, but no I stupidly went back within 2days.
Spartacus
Posts: 533
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
Location: Wales

Injured at Work

Post by Spartacus »

I can say from experience that Royal Mail are failing to report accidents correctly, bullying people into returning to work, ignoring sicknotes and OHS advice.Probably illegal, certainly immoral.
Delivery

Resistance is fertile