Good post.fishtank wrote:You're not a fighter Chris, we get that. You're an "oh well it could be worse, better get on with it then" kind of guy. You know your place, that's cool. You'll get through life just fine not making waves , not making any enemies. It's the quiet life and it suits some people to leave the fighting to others but....The reason you think this job is better than the dole and better than agency work is because we don't all leave the fighting to others.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Update to members following injunction decision
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Update to members following injunction decision
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
Update to members following injunction decision
probs why i missed it then. Super vague with no detail. Considering there are points that have already been benched from this proposal I wouldn't be surprised to see this go.geordieboy123 wrote:It's the last paragraph on page 2 but it doesn't give details of what they actually want,so,is it officially defined somewhere please?UrbanPirate wrote:What page is that on? I must have missed itfishtank wrote:No it mentions route ownership, do you want to explain to me the difference?UrbanPirate wrote:That 8 page letter does not mention owning the workload/route ownership.fishtank wrote:The gory details are in an 8 page letter from Mike Newby outlining the business position, I'm not going to dig it out for you, it's on the site. For a guy with a lot of opinions you don't really do much research Urban.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Update to members following injunction decision
Ok. The dole and agency work is better... Happy now!
I do not need to be a fighter. I do not submit to pack mentality and it has done me fine.
What exactly am I really fighting for? I have no fight to pick. You fight if you want. I am employed by RM.
You can sidetrack my concerns if you like but I feel more strongly about people killing the job and the injustices to part timers (and agency staff and those in our industry that are earning less than 40% of what we earn on worse (t&c).
Why should fight alongside someone who has been in the job 30 years mostly when RM was a public service, someone on a great pension, with privileges that I cannot have - ever have...
Mostly, the same person refuses to change - comes in 1.5 hours before his time, come in to do d2ds on his day off and gets home before 1pm... Allows more to be added to his round, justifies lapsing because he is always finished early and most of all causes me a lot of grief when I want to come in on my time a d do just my hours. On top, will shout me down when I argue that we should all work to our time... Also, allows the manager to claim that I might be slow because x in his 50s can do the round easily.
If you want to see me fight - then address my concerns... You are all het up mainly because of your Pension; you are normally more sanguine about things but money talks...
Negotiate not Fight! Partners not Enemies. Even big Phil Hammond learned that lesson this week.
That sort of language is what I mean by bullying g and harassment by colleagues. The know it all. The ones that tell junior staff that it is always been like this or that or the ones that antagonise a junior staff in front of management; in order to feel superior, undermine a argument/fight and most importantly keep their privileges... I know where my bread is buttered! Thanks
I do not need to be a fighter. I do not submit to pack mentality and it has done me fine.
What exactly am I really fighting for? I have no fight to pick. You fight if you want. I am employed by RM.
You can sidetrack my concerns if you like but I feel more strongly about people killing the job and the injustices to part timers (and agency staff and those in our industry that are earning less than 40% of what we earn on worse (t&c).
Why should fight alongside someone who has been in the job 30 years mostly when RM was a public service, someone on a great pension, with privileges that I cannot have - ever have...
Mostly, the same person refuses to change - comes in 1.5 hours before his time, come in to do d2ds on his day off and gets home before 1pm... Allows more to be added to his round, justifies lapsing because he is always finished early and most of all causes me a lot of grief when I want to come in on my time a d do just my hours. On top, will shout me down when I argue that we should all work to our time... Also, allows the manager to claim that I might be slow because x in his 50s can do the round easily.
If you want to see me fight - then address my concerns... You are all het up mainly because of your Pension; you are normally more sanguine about things but money talks...
Negotiate not Fight! Partners not Enemies. Even big Phil Hammond learned that lesson this week.
That sort of language is what I mean by bullying g and harassment by colleagues. The know it all. The ones that tell junior staff that it is always been like this or that or the ones that antagonise a junior staff in front of management; in order to feel superior, undermine a argument/fight and most importantly keep their privileges... I know where my bread is buttered! Thanks
-
glfp
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18
Update to members following injunction decision
chrisj wrote:Ok. The dole and agency work is better... Happy now!
I do not need to be a fighter. I do not submit to pack mentality and it has done me fine.
What exactly am I really fighting for? I have no fight to pick. You fight if you want. I am employed by RM.
You can sidetrack my concerns if you like but I feel more strongly about people killing the job and the injustices to part timers (and agency staff and those in our industry that are earning less than 40% of what we earn on worse (t&c).
Why should fight alongside someone who has been in the job 30 years mostly when RM was a public service, someone on a great pension, with privileges that I cannot have - ever have...
Mostly, the same person refuses to change - comes in 1.5 hours before his time, come in to do d2ds on his day off and gets home before 1pm... Allows more to be added to his round, justifies lapsing because he is always finished early and most of all causes me a lot of grief when I want to come in on my time a d do just my hours. On top, will shout me down when I argue that we should all work to our time... Also, allows the manager to claim that I might be slow because x in his 50s can do the round easily.
If you want to see me fight - then address my concerns... You are all het up mainly because of your Pension; you are normally more sanguine about things but money talks...
Negotiate not Fight! Partners not Enemies. Even big Phil Hammond learned that lesson this week.
That sort of language is what I mean by bullying g and harassment by colleagues. The know it all. The ones that tell junior staff that it is always been like this or that or the ones that antagonise a junior staff in front of management; in order to feel superior, undermine a argument/fight and most importantly keep their privileges... I know where my bread is buttered! Thanks
Very good post Chris !
You're banging your head against a brick wall with some on here.
And lets be honest its no more than 8 regular posters who spout their daily "fight rhetoric" who have got their heads buried in the sand.
A part time reserve postperson has very little to lose from RM's changes despite what the CWU say.
Its the 20 year + people that have most to lose and make the most noise.
The "fight" was lost years ago when regular post people on cushy rounds came in early, took their cars, cut rounds up, refused to help or even acknowledge new starters, bitched about people who took their time to managers.
It was a hideously selfish environment to work in.
They helped create the 2 tier workforce.
Many part timers won't strike and I don't blame them.
ps the live chickens outside the courtroom was absolutely pathetic. Playground mentality !
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
Update to members following injunction decision
I couldn't believe the chicken stunt. So embarrassing and childish.glfp wrote:chrisj wrote:Ok. The dole and agency work is better... Happy now!
I do not need to be a fighter. I do not submit to pack mentality and it has done me fine.
What exactly am I really fighting for? I have no fight to pick. You fight if you want. I am employed by RM.
You can sidetrack my concerns if you like but I feel more strongly about people killing the job and the injustices to part timers (and agency staff and those in our industry that are earning less than 40% of what we earn on worse (t&c).
Why should fight alongside someone who has been in the job 30 years mostly when RM was a public service, someone on a great pension, with privileges that I cannot have - ever have...
Mostly, the same person refuses to change - comes in 1.5 hours before his time, come in to do d2ds on his day off and gets home before 1pm... Allows more to be added to his round, justifies lapsing because he is always finished early and most of all causes me a lot of grief when I want to come in on my time a d do just my hours. On top, will shout me down when I argue that we should all work to our time... Also, allows the manager to claim that I might be slow because x in his 50s can do the round easily.
If you want to see me fight - then address my concerns... You are all het up mainly because of your Pension; you are normally more sanguine about things but money talks...
Negotiate not Fight! Partners not Enemies. Even big Phil Hammond learned that lesson this week.
That sort of language is what I mean by bullying g and harassment by colleagues. The know it all. The ones that tell junior staff that it is always been like this or that or the ones that antagonise a junior staff in front of management; in order to feel superior, undermine a argument/fight and most importantly keep their privileges... I know where my bread is buttered! Thanks
Very good post Chris !
You're banging your head against a brick wall with some on here.
And lets be honest its no more than 8 regular posters who spout their daily "fight rhetoric" who have got their heads buried in the sand.
A part time reserve postperson has very little to lose from RM's changes despite what the CWU say.
Its the 20 year + people that have most to lose and make the most noise.
The "fight" was lost years ago when regular post people on cushy rounds came in early, took their cars, cut rounds up, refused to help or even acknowledge new starters, bitched about people who took their time to managers.
It was a hideously selfish environment to work in.
They helped create the 2 tier workforce.
Many part timers won't strike and I don't blame them.
ps the live chickens outside the courtroom was absolutely pathetic. Playground mentality !
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
Update to members following injunction decision
Wishful thinking comradeBELIAL wrote:nosotros pasaremos
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Update to members following injunction decision
Just two words after an absence of 5 years?BELIAL wrote:nosotros pasaremos
Surely we deserve more?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.