ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by LaggyBand »

Every single person expected to strike at mine. Pensions and a whiff of route ownership being the cited reasons.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Just saying it with Music

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

What’s The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by LaggyBand »

Jpro747 wrote:
eastie wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:I can't see much of a turnout in my office as they are worried about having to deliver three days worth of mail on the monday without getting paid the O/T. :d'oh! :arrrghhh :thumbdown :roll:
Why are they worried?? just work till your finish time and cut off the rest :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Cutting off is virtually unheard of, many either don't know how to or are too intimidated. Others have nice little duties because they are mates with the DOM and don't want to cause an upset. I for one will be standing at the gate but can't see any of my colleagues joining me unfortunately! :thumbdown
Fair play to you mate for sticking to your principles!
Cichlid
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 116
Joined: 12 Mar 2013, 18:45
Gender: Male

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by Cichlid »

Most of us at our office will be out, 70+ staff. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by NWpostie »

My office is rock solid and I've gone out on every official strike since I started working for RM.

We know well how managements will exploit, divide and rule, they've driven us hard enough in the first place and we don't want that to continue.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by DB1100 »

Sadly some at our office will be going in,I estimate 4 or 5 out of about 80-100,exact figure not given for persec.
For we were soldiers once,and young
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by greengiant »

I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave.... :thumbdown
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by daveyeff »

greengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave.... :thumbdown
how can you just book it like that,..at the drop of a hat?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by greengiant »

daveyeff wrote:
greengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave.... :thumbdown
how can you just book it like that,..at the drop of a hat?
A good question!
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by korky »

greengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave.... :thumbdown
i know reps can get looked after, but it's this sort of stuff that causes a divide between us, until it's 100% certain a fact then best to ignore rumours
colintres
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 May 2007, 08:47

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by colintres »

Pretty solid at my office, a few part timers will come in and maybe one or two others. Had the bullying and harassment pep talk from our Manager today, ironic to say the least. Funny thing is the one guy who seems the most concerned about getting grief for crossing the picket line is kicking of so much about it he's in danger of getting done for bullying and harassment himself :roll:
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by antcpfc »

Rock solid.Possibly one out of thirty.
Slider tool. Lol.
thekiddykid
Posts: 116
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by thekiddykid »

greengiant wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
greengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave.... :thumbdown
how can you just book it like that,..at the drop of a hat?
A good question!
And I thought all the snakes were on the management side :evil/mad. Lets hope it is an urban myth :shock:
thedonkey
Posts: 141
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
Gender: Male

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by thedonkey »

Same for me. I resigned from the union because the two reps I have had since I joined royal mail both looked after themselves rather than fight my corner when needed.
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

Post by scoobymunster »

Rumours from our rep that a few sub offices in our area will be reporting for work as usual, safe in the knowledge that as their parent office will be out, they'll still get paid even though they won't get any work in.