ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
Will I have to do it as I think I am the only one that can see you
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
Making up p/t to f/t to reflect actual hours worked ver 6 month period for 1UrbanPirate wrote:Genuine question so no need for people to get aggy.
What parts of the Agenda for growth agreement have RM been in breach of?
Links, examples and evidence welcome.
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
Guys! Guys! Look at us! Squabbling! Bickering, like children. What's happened to us? We never used to be like this!

-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
The agreement says "where appropriate".Rumple wrote:Making up p/t to f/t to reflect actual hours worked ver 6 month period for 1UrbanPirate wrote:Genuine question so no need for people to get aggy.
What parts of the Agenda for growth agreement have RM been in breach of?
Links, examples and evidence welcome.
Just because someone works full time hours for 6 months it doesn't mean they should automatically be offered a full time contract.
I am sure someone will come on and tell us about p/t staff being made up in line with the agreement because it has happened.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
mightyowler
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 19:16
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
What's the agreement regarding, resourcing? because at our place, agency worker placed on the same duty for over 18 months.clashcityrocker wrote:The agreement says "where appropriate".Rumple wrote:Making up p/t to f/t to reflect actual hours worked ver 6 month period for 1UrbanPirate wrote:Genuine question so no need for people to get aggy.
What parts of the Agenda for growth agreement have RM been in breach of?
Links, examples and evidence welcome.
Just because someone works full time hours for 6 months it doesn't mean they should automatically be offered a full time contract.
I am sure someone will come on and tell us about p/t staff being made up in line with the agreement because it has happened.
-
Postie_Rob
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
boardy
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 11:45
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
A work to rule is legal and would f__ck our office right up but would everyone come in at the proper time,take breaks at the proper time,cut off at the proper time etc etc?No No and No !
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
2.7.4mightyowler wrote:
What's the agreement regarding, resourcing? because at our place, agency worker placed on the same duty for over 18 months.
Agency workers are intended to cover short term or unforeseen resourcing needs, expected to last for periods of no more than 12 weeks, which cannot be covered by offering additional hours to existing employees whilst maintaining quality of service. In the rare circumstances that employment exceeds 12 weeks the provisions of the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 (as amended) will apply.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
So what has been breached? I see everyone saying RM have breached but what solid evidence is there? So far nothing solid has been offered up. As a poster above said someone will come on and say about PT staff being made up to FT. Two in our office in the last month and another friend in another office made up to FT yesterday. Now, the timing of these could be significant considering whats happening and who knows whats happening in other offices. I just think RM probably have enough evidence to refute that one.
What else are they in breach of?
I did work in an office where they had a large number of agency for what must have been years. But as shitty as it seemed I get why as it was a period of high change and ultimately once changes had been implemented fully they were let go. So, even that instance I reckon RM could defend themselves. I will add it was disgusting the way they treated them, never knowing when they will be done and then one day, thanks no thanks cya later.
What else are they in breach of?
I did work in an office where they had a large number of agency for what must have been years. But as shitty as it seemed I get why as it was a period of high change and ultimately once changes had been implemented fully they were let go. So, even that instance I reckon RM could defend themselves. I will add it was disgusting the way they treated them, never knowing when they will be done and then one day, thanks no thanks cya later.
-
stevepostman
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 29 Jan 2007, 16:56
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
Bottomawesomepenguin wrote:Guys! Guys! Look at us! Squabbling! Bickering, like children. What's happened to us? We never used to be like this!![]()
Last edited by stevepostman on 12 Oct 2017, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
-
barrychuckle
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
Lets face it no high court judge in the country will find in the unions favour and so advocate industrial/strike action. Therefore mediation for 5 weeks is in the offing. This would have to happen at some point along the line, anyway, to resolve the disagreement. Surely best to do it now whilst the union has a huge backing from the workforce and thus a stronger negotiating hand.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
If this is genuine ,good on him/her , there are many managers feel this way. Not many vocalize it though. Could be the start of a revolution. Lol.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am
Breaking news- strike is postponed....