feduppostie wrote:11am is a very strange time to start what if we are out on delivery?
If I remember correctly from last time, you complete any shift starting before 11am on the 19 Oct, and strike on any shift starting after.
Then on the 21st October if your shift started before 11am you stay on strike till the next shift, and if it starts after 11am you attend work as normal.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
The announcement says 11:00 so I would take it that as we use the 24 Hour clock for most timings it will be AM.
This should be that if your shift starts before this time you will finish your shift and be on strike on the Fri & Sat if on delivery or for the late shift and night shifts in mail centers will be Thurs and Friday.
Last edited by Celtic Postman on 05 Oct 2017, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
scorched wrote:So we have to return to work at noon on Saturday?
No
ScousePostie wrote:If you're on delivery you work Thursday to your finish time, then strike Friday and Saturday. That's how I read it.
That's what happened last time
The strike is for when you start your shift. If before work normally, if after strike.
On returning to work the opposite applies. Strike shift if it starts before return time, work normally if it starts after.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
I think that's a good tactic. IF we have to strike, then strike early! Hopefully concentrate the minds of Senior Management and perhaps get things sorted before we're forced to strike within the Christmas Period.
I'm personally not worried about Striking throughout the Christmas period but I think we'll probably lose some Public Sympathy and I don't want to us to lose too much business. This disagreement is about getting concessions, not about destroying the business!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
FinishOnTime wrote:So for deliveries stop work at 1030ish, back to the office and then out? Back in at 11 on the Saturday?
No. Finish shift that starts before a strike. Strike for any shift after 11am.
Reverse for going back. Strike on Saturday for the whole shift if you start before 11am and work normally if after.
But we are awaiting official clarification.
Deliveries have a Saturday off.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
It starts after so I am afraid you have a choice. Strike or work.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.