ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Office repick

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
fisherkinguk
Posts: 36
Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 14:25
Gender: Male

Office repick

Post by fisherkinguk »

I am going to check this tomorrow, so when you sign out the keys from the locker only ONE can be the driver, the spare keys are just for access to the mail?.
It will difficult getting a straight answer in my office, few people know the rules and the ones that do, twist them.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4105
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Office repick

Post by ted_e_bear »

fisherkinguk wrote:There is a long road with houses on one side, but there is an entire estate behind it. So could easily be done with just the one driver, just need give it a little thought.
I have just learned today that my second choice (since this one is being made 2 drivers) has the full time as the driver and part time as the walker.
This makes no sense as the only difference is indoor, it's starting to feel like they are trying to force non drivers to drive and or get rid of seniority.
The local rep has said he will have a word with the manager to see if he can change this, but he really didn't seem to care much.
The only advice I'm getting from him is to go for my driving, that is not the way to solve this.
Possibly a rubbish idea but if your reps suggesting you go for your driving I'm assuming you can drive but just haven't done the RM changeover or whatever it's called these days, (unless he is suggesting that you take driving lessons which would be a bit of a crap thing to say to you) perhaps if you really fancy that duty then you could become a driver as it sounds like most of the time you won't have to.

I can fully understand if not as I was paired with a non driver for a few years and you seem to get saddled with all the thinking as well as the driving and the extra responsibility that goes with it for no extra pay, it was nice when he was on holiday if I got someone who wanted to drive as it meant I got a turn at just being dropped off at each loop not worrying about big parcels etc.
fisherkinguk
Posts: 36
Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 14:25
Gender: Male

Office repick

Post by fisherkinguk »

I can drive, but I don't drive for royal mail.
If I become a driver for royal mail I may still not get the round I want, but I will get all the extra hassle that goes with being a driver.
Once your a driver for royal mail you can't really stop it, without a crash or 2.
Just don't want to become a driver just to have a chance of a round that I should already have a chance of.
shepherdess
Posts: 445
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
Gender: Female

Office repick

Post by shepherdess »

If there are 2 drivers then each time they change drivers they will have to do a van check !!
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Office repick

Post by bogstandard »

surely in order to promote office harmony it doesn't matter who the driver is or their hours of attendance how is it not or why is it not possible for the driver to be pt?
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
fisherkinguk
Posts: 36
Joined: 26 Apr 2014, 14:25
Gender: Male

Office repick

Post by fisherkinguk »

It doesn't matter which one is the driver, but that does not stop them from deciding it should be the full timer.
After having a word with the office rep He seems to have backed down from this one. But that could change again.
But the 2 van drivers on the same duty is not going to change, all for the sake of the second driver moving the van once on one loop.
I have tried but the rep will not back me on this, he is backing the manager.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Office repick

Post by P13 »

fisherkinguk wrote:It doesn't matter which one is the driver, but that does not stop them from deciding it should be the full timer.
After having a word with the office rep He seems to have backed down from this one. But that could change again.
But the 2 van drivers on the same duty is not going to change, all for the sake of the second driver moving the van once on one loop.
I have tried but the rep will not back me on this, he is backing the manager.
Stick a grievance in
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Office repick

Post by bogstandard »

fisherkinguk wrote:It doesn't matter which one is the driver, but that does not stop them from deciding it should be the full timer.
After having a word with the office rep He seems to have backed down from this one. But that could change again.
But the 2 van drivers on the same duty is not going to change, all for the sake of the second driver moving the van once on one loop.
I have tried but the rep will not back me on this, he is backing the manager.
As you've said it doesn't matter which is the driver, and i fully agree as would most i hope. Therefore, if there are no other reasons to dictate this action, you and others like you are being singled out for "special treatment".
As has been posted put a grievance in.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP