Scary stuff. That poor lady, I hope that she makes a full recovery. The dog should definitely be put down. The owner should be ashamed.
It could so easily happen to any of us, even if we do follow the advice of "don't enter a garden if a dog is loose". On most new build estates there are no front gardens, all it takes is for the back garden gate at the side of the house to be open - in that case there is no warning. This happened to me recently.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postwoman who suffered horrific injuries in savage dog attack "devastated" after court rules animal will NOT be destroyed
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Postwoman who suffered horrific injuries in savage dog attack "devastated" after court rules animal will NOT be destroyed
Postmen should refuse to deliver the entire street whose to say it doesn't get out in the future
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Postwoman who suffered horrific injuries in savage dog attack "devastated" after court rules animal will NOT be destroyed
To be fair the Postwoman was doing her job. You can not set dogs on trespassers or burglars it is illegal so if it was a trespasser the owner would also have been fined. These dogs are dangerous to humans end of and should be killed.Janet Brum wrote:To be fair, that dog was defending its territory, it`s entirely the owner`s fault for not locking the gate or putting a warning in place.
It`s easy to kill an animal, what if it was a human trespasser?
I don`t agree that all dogs should be put down, not all of them are ville.
-
MARTY3205
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 23:14
- Gender: Male
Postwoman who suffered horrific injuries in savage dog attack "devastated" after court rules animal will NOT be destroyed
How many times have you been told by customers that their dog/dogs won't Bite anyone.I don't think anyone with any breed of dog can make this claim with 100% certainty.From experience I have found it's as much the attitude of customers and training of their dog that determines its reaction to strangers.
I have had German shepherds walk up and lick my hand while another Yorkshire terrier tried to take my ankles off !
The current UK Law regarding the responsibilities of persons keeping dogs are contained within the: DANGEROUS DOGS ACT 2013.
No longer can a customer deny responsibility for an attack..Because their dog was outside and it's on PRIVATE PROPERTY.The law clearly states that where a Postman/woman,Utility provider ,Health visitor etc requires access to a property the responsibility for a dog/ dogs,regardless if they are OUTSIDE..is that of the house owner.
I was recently attacked,thankfully I managed to hold the dog off with a packet,although I sustained a glancing bite from one of the dogs teeth.Incredibily the customer was angry with ME !
I later found out the dog had attacked another parcel courier the previous week !
Please take a minute to look at the Dangerous Dogs Act 2013, which can be downloaded in several formats.Stay Safe.
I have had German shepherds walk up and lick my hand while another Yorkshire terrier tried to take my ankles off !
The current UK Law regarding the responsibilities of persons keeping dogs are contained within the: DANGEROUS DOGS ACT 2013.
No longer can a customer deny responsibility for an attack..Because their dog was outside and it's on PRIVATE PROPERTY.The law clearly states that where a Postman/woman,Utility provider ,Health visitor etc requires access to a property the responsibility for a dog/ dogs,regardless if they are OUTSIDE..is that of the house owner.
I was recently attacked,thankfully I managed to hold the dog off with a packet,although I sustained a glancing bite from one of the dogs teeth.Incredibily the customer was angry with ME !
I later found out the dog had attacked another parcel courier the previous week !
Please take a minute to look at the Dangerous Dogs Act 2013, which can be downloaded in several formats.Stay Safe.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
Postwoman who suffered horrific injuries in savage dog attack "devastated" after court rules animal will NOT be destroyed
Disgraceful. The dogs should have been destroyed. I understand where people are coming from as per saying the dogs are just protecting their territory. What territory? They just moved there the day before! Didnt he have posties where he previously lived? Didnt he know that they were a threat? Of course he did. Un trained and too late for these dogs. I do rurals from time to time and iv had a doberman go for me and Iv effing s**t myself and never moved so fast in my life. All for the owner to laugh it off "he wont hurt you" whilst im shaking on the spot!
The pics of her injuries as well! Il be rattling gates today!
The pics of her injuries as well! Il be rattling gates today!