I really feel for the posties,I have walked in their shoes and know how hard the job is,but it is being made so much harder by those that have never done it,and have no idea what the job entails.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Canada Post Admits Two-Bundle Delivery Method is Dangerous
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Canada Post Admits Two-Bundle Delivery Method is Dangerous
RM make out they are a caring company,what a load of rubbish,accidents,dog bites etc a lot of the time they try and brush under the carpet. I wonder how many are actually and properly reported! At least when you used to deliver in the dark in the mornings you knew it would soon get light,but not delivering in the winter afternoons and evenings,you will be racing against time trying to get the job done before it gets dark.Thats when more accidents could happen,its just crazy.Who thinks up these ideas? I expect its those that are paid a fortune and have to be seen to be doing something!
I really feel for the posties,I have walked in their shoes and know how hard the job is,but it is being made so much harder by those that have never done it,and have no idea what the job entails.
I really feel for the posties,I have walked in their shoes and know how hard the job is,but it is being made so much harder by those that have never done it,and have no idea what the job entails.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Canada Post Admits Two-Bundle Delivery Method is Dangerous
It's time we had a clear statement of intent from Royal Mail and the union over its plans for multi- bundle delivery, we need transparency from the trial data and risk assessments and I want to know where the union's line in the sand is. This information from Canada Post has been available for years so why have trials been sanctioned in the first place?
Royal Mail will promise 95% sequenced to get this through, they'll tell us that the second or third? bundle will only be a few letters but at the moment we're lucky if we're getting 70% sequenced letters and that doesn't even include flats.
As far as I'm concerned we can't even accept a watered down version of this, it has to be killed stone dead. It would make the job almost impossible.
Royal Mail will promise 95% sequenced to get this through, they'll tell us that the second or third? bundle will only be a few letters but at the moment we're lucky if we're getting 70% sequenced letters and that doesn't even include flats.
As far as I'm concerned we can't even accept a watered down version of this, it has to be killed stone dead. It would make the job almost impossible.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Canada Post Admits Two-Bundle Delivery Method is Dangerous
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the trial passed with fling colours... During spring and summer, avoiding our heaviest periods.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Canada Post Admits Two-Bundle Delivery Method is Dangerous
Good luck trying to get even 70% if RM move the pipeline as I suspect that many mech operators will choose to come off the mech if the pipeline gets moved. If they want 95% then the sequencing won't get started till at least 05:00 and with the size batches you'd possibly be looking at 11-14 hours to sequence everything (depending on how large the batch sizes are) and if there was say 20 boxes of leftovers, that would then go manualfishtank wrote:It's time we had a clear statement of intent from Royal Mail and the union over its plans for multi- bundle delivery, we need transparency from the trial data and risk assessments and I want to know where the union's line in the sand is. This information from Canada Post has been available for years so why have trials been sanctioned in the first place?
Royal Mail will promise 95% sequenced to get this through, they'll tell us that the second or third? bundle will only be a few letters but at the moment we're lucky if we're getting 70% sequenced letters and that doesn't even include flats.
As far as I'm concerned we can't even accept a watered down version of this, it has to be killed stone dead. It would make the job almost impossible.
-
Jimbo2017
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 06 Aug 2017, 21:29
- Gender: Male
Canada Post Admits Two-Bundle Delivery Method is Dangerous
We're lucky if we get more than 40% sequenced, and that's sequenced out of walk order [reversed and jumping around].