ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not prepped !!!!!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Not prepped !!!!!
Look the OP is correct it should be done in every office why not poor planing cost cutting hour's out of the job's our job's let's get this right why should part time staff come in early or do our job's we should be given the time the hours to do them in before the part time staff come in.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
I can see where you're coming from but you spent a couple of minutes of your duty time (you started at 9:00 and you posted this at 9:07) posting this message when you could have done the redirections. You obviously had time to post the message, but not do any work!!MissKazzyB wrote:Morning everyone
So I'm supposed to start work at 9.00.
Gone to my frame & my re-directions arnt done.
Went to floor manager & told him, so now he's got someone to finish it off.
So im now waiting for it to be done.
So now I'm gonna get out later
So I'm not gonna be able to complete within my contracted hours.
It's so annoying. This happened last week & the packets wernt marked up so I had a little moan & it got sorted for afew days & now we're back to square one.
And to top it off.....It's pissing down with rain out there lol
Have a good day peeps
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Not prepped !!!!!
As I stated previously, I could've done it but then it'll be expected every day & im not willing to do it every day as it should be done.
If the office was managed right then it would be done !!
If the office was managed right then it would be done !!
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Very true if they want you to prep they should increase your hrs if not I am like you I aren't giving them a minute they are hoping you will come in and work for free which unfortunately a lot seem to do I find it very strange
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Then surely doing the redirections is a good way to learn the frame? Yes, I understand that as your contracted hours start at 9am, redirections should be done for you coming in.MissKazzyB wrote:Hi Joewyan
Your right, I could've helped do the re-directions but because it's not my frame all the time, I don't know where everything is.
I feel I just get in the way, where as, they know it well do can do it in 5-10 minutes.
Also if I start doing it, then they're expect it all the time.
I'm not willing to do it as it should be done for when I get in. If I do, it'll take so much longer & then it takes my time up & then I'm expected to complete the walk. I'm already going over my hours as it is to complete it.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
You say you are supposed to come in and it all be tied up for you so you are already doing what you say you don't want to.MissKazzyB wrote:As I stated previously, I could've done it but then it'll be expected every day & im not willing to do it every day as it should be done.
If the office was managed right then it would be done !!
Out of interest what are your weekly hours and walk lengths?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
I know. Sorry, I was taking the mick. You're right. If you started to do it, the stone would soon gather some moss and in six months time you would be expected to prep the whole frame. Happens quite a lot in our place. Stand your ground.MissKazzyB wrote:As I stated previously, I could've done it but then it'll be expected every day & im not willing to do it every day as it should be done.
If the office was managed right then it would be done !!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Not prepped !!!!!
There is a time and place to make a stand and unfortunately in this instance I feel you are just making a fuss. Managers have a favourite term it's called "operational needs" which basically means as long as it's what's considered "within reason" you are expected to do it. Ultimately you are there to work and your work is allocated by management. You don't have to work over your time and if the extra work takes you over and you don't like it cut off! Had they asked you to scrub the toilets then fair enough, but refusing to spend ten minutes doing the redirections? Seriously are you for real? I am no fan of management but you are making a mountain out of a mole hill here! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Lol you want a fully prepped walk at 9, we often don't get out until after 10. Who cares what's done and what isn't, just start at your time and finish at your time. It's that easy.MissKazzyB wrote:It's not actually my job to do it.
If your part time, then it should all be thrown up, all the re-directions done & packets marked.
It should all be tied up too & put in the barrel so when I come in at 9, I can get my barrel & go.
So in fact, I'm helping by tying up myself & loading the barrel.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Know what to do... tell your LM and don't touch the the redirection cards and pull out the walk. If there are any comebacks then it is on them to make sure your duty is fully prepped.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Regardless of whether you have told your LM, surely if you are tying up knowing that redirections (take 2 minutes) haven't been done then they could have a valid point for conduct? It's not an unreasonable task to be asked to complete.bmccoll wrote:Know what to do... tell your LM and don't touch the the redirection cards and pull out the walk. If there are any comebacks then it is on them to make sure your duty is fully prepped.
I would like to know what time the OP is due out on delivery as it seems very early considering the OP said it should all be tied up and loaded into the HCT when they arrive at 9am!
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Not prepped !!!!!
MissKazzyB wrote:If the office was managed right...
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Not prepped !!!!!
it is your job!MissKazzyB wrote:It's not actually my job to do it.
if they tell you to go drive 10 miles to deliver a special you must do it, we don't have specific tasks, we are employed to do whatever tasks we are capable of or trained up on.
just inform them that by this or that not been done like is supposed to be will lead to overtime or cutting off.
-
shaun1892
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 04 Apr 2010, 21:42
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Course it's your job. Just do what needs to be done and don't go over your finish time if you don't want to.korky wrote:MissKazzyB wrote:It's not actually my job to do it.
Do you really need your backside to be wiped? Get real we are all under pressure!
While you think it's a matter of principle all your achieving is antagonising a workmate who has to do your job for you! We all get crap you know.
Do your job and claim the overtime if you want it or cut off it's really that simple.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Most walks have at most half dozen or so, so no big deal. Have been on walks where there is over 30 redirection. Long and short of it though, if you're 20 mins over your despatch time doing extra prep then you cut off. Dom will soon get message then.joewyan wrote:That's fair enough if it's not your job to do it. It for the sake of redirections they take 2 minutes whether you know the frame or not that was my point. I'm part time but when I get in I have to finish prepping my job for the day but everyone part time is on different hours etc so I understand that.MissKazzyB wrote:It's not actually my job to do it.
If your part time, then it should all be thrown up, all the re-directions done & packets marked.
It should all be tied up too & put in the barrel so when I come in at 9, I can get my barrel & go.
So in fact, I'm helping by tying up myself & loading the barrel.
Fair enough stand your ground to make sure things are done (I make it known if things are prepped as much as they should be!) but a few redirections would have been quicker for you to do that get someone else to come and do them.