ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.harwichandmanningtreestandar ... post_chaos_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A PENSIONER has had her disability benefit stopped after a lack of postmen meant mail wasn’t delivered to homes in Dovercourt.

Last week the Standard reported how a former postie was asked to collect his own parcel and then given a pile of undelivered post.

Diane Davis, of Howard Avenue, says she also stopped receiving letters along with her neighbours.

But when her post was delivered, she discovered an important appointment to assess her disability payments on August 31.

The 67-year-old said: “I got the letter after the appointment, I think on September 6.

“I called and explained but they said because I didn’t turn up they were stopping my benefits.

“I’m being penalised because of the post not being delivered.

“I pulled the postman up on it and he said we’re lucky to get it as they are so short staffed, some days we’ll get it and some days we won’t.”

Miss Davis suffers with severe back pain, needs a walking stick, and has arthritis in her fingers.

She says she relies on her benefit payment to buy food and put towards her rent.

“I’ve got crumbling of the spine and the doctor says it will just get worse,” she added.

“I rely on that money, without it I’m going to struggle.

“They said it will have to be taken as a new claim, I’ll have to go for an appointment.

“I don’t know how long it will take to sort out.”

A spokesman from the Department for Work and Pensions said they are in talks with Miss Davis about resolving the issue and restarting her benefit claim.

Speaking last week, Royal Mail spokesman Henry Perry apologised about the level of service customers in Harwich had received due to staffing shortages.

He said they were trying to resolve the issue and recruit staff as quickly as possible.

For specific inquiries about the deliveries, customers should contact Royal Mail’s website at royalmail/contactus or call 03457 740740.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

Speaking last week, Royal Mail spokesman Henry Perry apologised about the level of service customers in Harwich had received due to staffing shortages.

He said they were trying to resolve the issue and recruit staff as quickly as possible.



Yeh right
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Post by Nigel1505 »

Just like our DO, some days it goes out, other days it doesn't. Been like it all summer :cuppa
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

Welcome to the future. :cuppa
Phantom
Posts: 1234
Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
Gender: Female
Location: New York

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Post by Phantom »

The Royal Mail board is doing a good job running the service down into the ground right in front of everyone's eyes. That's why we need to strike, fight or die in the gutter.
CUT OFF!!!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Post by k979aaa »

Managed Decline or MD it's a bit like the Royal Fail without the mail!
cantonkid1955
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 163
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

'I lost my benefits due to post chaos'

Post by cantonkid1955 »

Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:Speaking last week, Royal Mail spokesman Henry Perry apologised about the level of service customers in Harwich had received due to staffing shortages.

He said they were trying to resolve the issue and recruit staff as quickly as possible.



Yeh right
,,If the Post Office are charging for a First Class delivery,and the mail is deliberately delayed by the DOM,then surely that comes under,WILLFUL DELAY OF THE MAIL>?