Sometimes in life you just gotta say "what the f**k!"What if you keep going on strike a day or 2 a week for 3 months and RM don't budge - What then ?
What ifs are things we don't know, deal with what we do know and react accordingly.
Sometimes in life you just gotta say "what the f**k!"What if you keep going on strike a day or 2 a week for 3 months and RM don't budge - What then ?
fishtank wrote:Sometimes in life you just gotta say "what the f**k!"What if you keep going on strike a day or 2 a week for 3 months and RM don't budge - What then ?
What ifs are things we don't know, deal with what we do know and react accordingly.
LL,Lounge Lizard wrote:Graham,glfp wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:If "they can make the changes they want" will the 90% voting "yes" then just trot back to work accepting all the CWU's been fighting against and worse ?glfp wrote:I read on a royal mail shareholders chat board that RM believe that if the Union strike then they have broken an agreement and it will then be void and they can make the changes they want.Dexydog wrote:But our contract as of now doesn't mention not being paid for overtime.
Won't be happening from me, if they try it I'm off.
Maybe this is why they are angling for us to strike?- so they can change the contract??
The fact Moya Greene and none of the very senior executives are believed to have entered talks seems to add weight to some opinion that RM want a strike.
The share price has also gone up 12p in the last 24 hours despite a strike looming and RM's relegation to the FTSE 250.
Fishy ????
Do major shareholders know something we don't ?????
ATB
Graham![]()
Of course not.
![]()
have 2 back.
YES
If Royal Mail don't budge it will be back to work for the majority.
People have bills to pay, rent, mortgages.
So what happens when RM sell off bits of the business.
Will Logisitcs go out for delivery
Mail Centres strike for deliveries.
I think many staff are in for a rude awakening.
Quite a few in my office think the threat of a strike will have RM running to the CWU with better terms.
Lounge Lizzard - answer this question please ?
What if you keep going on strike a day or 2 a week for 3 months and RM don't budge - What then ?
How long would you be prepared to go all out?
ATB
Graham
A day or two a week indefinitely if necessary.
I might assume I couldn't afford to but (a) less earned means less tax, NI and pension deductions so two days off is far less than a 40% reduction in take home pay, (b) I have always lived within my means and have a small sum set aside for the forthcoming 'rainy day' and (c) a new car, holidays, meals out, etc. are luxuries that are worth sacrificing for something like this.
I hope a good proportion of my colleagues across the country think likewise and are in a similar situation.
Graham,glfp wrote:LL,Lounge Lizard wrote:Graham,glfp wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:If "they can make the changes they want" will the 90% voting "yes" then just trot back to work accepting all the CWU's been fighting against and worse ?glfp wrote:I read on a royal mail shareholders chat board that RM believe that if the Union strike then they have broken an agreement and it will then be void and they can make the changes they want.Dexydog wrote:But our contract as of now doesn't mention not being paid for overtime.
Won't be happening from me, if they try it I'm off.
Maybe this is why they are angling for us to strike?- so they can change the contract??
The fact Moya Greene and none of the very senior executives are believed to have entered talks seems to add weight to some opinion that RM want a strike.
The share price has also gone up 12p in the last 24 hours despite a strike looming and RM's relegation to the FTSE 250.
Fishy ????
Do major shareholders know something we don't ?????
ATB
Graham![]()
Of course not.
![]()
have 2 back.
YES
If Royal Mail don't budge it will be back to work for the majority.
People have bills to pay, rent, mortgages.
So what happens when RM sell off bits of the business.
Will Logisitcs go out for delivery
Mail Centres strike for deliveries.
I think many staff are in for a rude awakening.
Quite a few in my office think the threat of a strike will have RM running to the CWU with better terms.
Lounge Lizzard - answer this question please ?
What if you keep going on strike a day or 2 a week for 3 months and RM don't budge - What then ?
How long would you be prepared to go all out?
ATB
Graham
A day or two a week indefinitely if necessary.
I might assume I couldn't afford to but (a) less earned means less tax, NI and pension deductions so two days off is far less than a 40% reduction in take home pay, (b) I have always lived within my means and have a small sum set aside for the forthcoming 'rainy day' and (c) a new car, holidays, meals out, etc. are luxuries that are worth sacrificing for something like this.
I hope a good proportion of my colleagues across the country think likewise and are in a similar situation.
110,000 post workers - how many have even heard of this board?
In my office of 85 - me and the union rep.
Look at the amount of votes cast - drop in the ocean.
The "rainy day" may be St Swithins Day - have you enough for 40 rainy days.
Most post people I know never have any money for new cars, holidays, meals out, etc. luxuries that are worth sacrificing - they barely have enough for the odd pint with full pay.
I still ask what if RM don't back down ???
I think this is worth discussing.
I could just bury my hand in the sand and not think about my future.
I'm on a 25 hour contract that suits and am already looking at other part time jobs just in case the future becomes a present I don't like.
You know the old saying "Pride comes before a fall"![]()
ATB
Graham
In MCs they're already cutting into the bonewannabeek wrote:Also worth pointing out that unlike during previous strikes, deliveries are nowadays utterly cut to the bone for staff already.
It would be unfortunate if a good majority of the staff are not able to sustain a strike but I know for sure that this office would still massively fail every day unless we had approaching 100% staffing level.
a typo !Ralph Wiggum wrote:Bury my 'hand' in the sand!![]()
![]()
![]()
Yes, we cud do with a phew more of them currently !glfp wrote:a typo !Ralph Wiggum wrote:Bury my 'hand' in the sand!![]()
![]()
![]()
glad it cheered you up
Disgruntled shareholderglfp wrote:I read on a royal mail shareholders chat board that RM believe that if the Union strike then they have broken an agreement and it will then be void and they can make the changes they want.
The fact Moya Greene and none of the very senior executives are believed to have entered talks seems to add weight to some opinion that RM want a strike.
The share price has also gone up 12p in the last 24 hours despite a strike looming and RM's relegation to the FTSE 250.
Fishy ????
Do major shareholders know something we don't ?????
ATB
Don't think I was actually that far off with this.
Share price has jumped up 1.5% today - this after a strike announced.
Still fishy !
ATB
Graham
Acca Dacca wrote:Disgruntled shareholderglfp wrote:I read on a royal mail shareholders chat board that RM believe that if the Union strike then they have broken an agreement and it will then be void and they can make the changes they want.
The fact Moya Greene and none of the very senior executives are believed to have entered talks seems to add weight to some opinion that RM want a strike.
The share price has also gone up 12p in the last 24 hours despite a strike looming and RM's relegation to the FTSE 250.
Fishy ????
Do major shareholders know something we don't ?????
ATB
Don't think I was actually that far off with this.
Share price has jumped up 1.5% today - this after a strike announced.
Still fishy !
ATB
Graham
Called it!
Thought you had chucked it?
Btw you do know they don't need a clause to change our terms and conditions right? They can do it tomorrow.
We ( not disgruntled shareholders ) would simply unleash hell in return, as we would if they try to if we took IA
glfp wrote:Acca Dacca wrote:Disgruntled shareholderglfp wrote:I read on a royal mail shareholders chat board that RM believe that if the Union strike then they have broken an agreement and it will then be void and they can make the changes they want.
The fact Moya Greene and none of the very senior executives are believed to have entered talks seems to add weight to some opinion that RM want a strike.
The share price has also gone up 12p in the last 24 hours despite a strike looming and RM's relegation to the FTSE 250.
Fishy ????
Do major shareholders know something we don't ?????
ATB
Don't think I was actually that far off with this.
Share price has jumped up 1.5% today - this after a strike announced.
Still fishy !
ATB
Graham
Called it!
Thought you had chucked it?
Btw you do know they don't need a clause to change our terms and conditions right? They can do it tomorrow.
We ( not disgruntled shareholders ) would simply unleash hell in return, as we would if they try to if we took IA
