ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Satan's letterbox
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
Surely these companies should standardise these things?
Some are okay, others however are a complete waste of time. A waste of our time too; how f**king annoying is it writing a 739 out 'coz some crappy catalog doesn't fit in these crappy boxes?
Some are okay, others however are a complete waste of time. A waste of our time too; how f**king annoying is it writing a 739 out 'coz some crappy catalog doesn't fit in these crappy boxes?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
On a similar note I started delivering to some new houses and something was sticking at the back of the letter boxes so I couldn't get anything other than a leaflet through, I spotted one of the suits from the building site and told him the letter boxes were faulty.
With a straight face he told me this was a deliberate security feature to stop people putting things through the letter box.
With a straight face he told me this was a deliberate security feature to stop people putting things through the letter box.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Satan's letterbox
Or the architect believed all he had heard about mail volumes plummeting.bmccoll wrote:I reckon they were designed for decorative purposes, completely useless otherwise. I've got one on my round where you have to fold the letters into four and squeeze it in. Thing is the house looks like a palace, all glass and marble... and no letterbox![]()
Here's one, a row of houses were built in a scheme we called millionaire's row. This one house had a huge glass front instead of brick, inside was all marble floors, chandeliers and a sweeping staircase. Stuck on the front door was a scribbled note telling the postman to push their mail under the garage door. The arseholes forgot about putting in a letterbox
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
I found one of these where the owner had bolted it to their gate and they had selected a bolt head so large inside the box that you couldn't actually get anything into it other than one small really-screwed up letter!
Last time I saw it, they'd left it with a laggy band around it holding it shut, presumably so that the postie could put things in it without using the slot!
Last time I saw it, they'd left it with a laggy band around it holding it shut, presumably so that the postie could put things in it without using the slot!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
I had one last year. Putting letters in it and it fell into 3 pieces
just walked off and put NA on the letters 
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Satan's letterbox
Same on a new estate on my delivery. I *think* they can be removed by the householder though. On the same round I had 3 bungalows built without letterboxes at all. Nothing. No box on the wall. Zip.fishtank wrote:On a similar note I started delivering to some new houses and something was sticking at the back of the letter boxes so I couldn't get anything other than a leaflet through, I spotted one of the suits from the building site and told him the letter boxes were faulty.
With a straight face he told me this was a deliberate security feature to stop people putting things through the letter box.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Satan's letterbox
The openings should be at least that of a post box, and with the slot at the top.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Satan's letterbox
Nick,nickbsmooth wrote:The openings should be at least that of a post box, and with the slot at the top.
I find a slot at the middle of the door is better than at the top.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
And most definitely horizontal. Why people have vertical letterboxes, I will never knowLounge Lizard wrote:Nick,nickbsmooth wrote:The openings should be at least that of a post box, and with the slot at the top.
I find a slot at the middle of the door is better than at the top.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
I hate anyone who has a letterbox anywhere other than the middle of the door, horizontally and anything smaller than A4 in width. Scum. Pure scum!Alexei wrote:And most definitely horizontal. Why people have vertical letterboxes, I will never knowLounge Lizard wrote:Nick,nickbsmooth wrote:The openings should be at least that of a post box, and with the slot at the top.
I find a slot at the middle of the door is better than at the top.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
I got 3 in a row on a farm building that are vertical with springs stiffer
Update on my satan one- I carded a DVD today, was quite satisfying thinking of the owner's face after traipsing up to the DO to get it.
Update on my satan one- I carded a DVD today, was quite satisfying thinking of the owner's face after traipsing up to the DO to get it.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
From time to time I take great pleasure in carding some pretty mundane stuff. Just to imagine the face of said person collecting some bin filler all because of there criminally small and trendy letter box!Dexydog wrote:I got 3 in a row on a farm building that are vertical with springs stiffer than
Bloody lethal...
Update on my satan one- I carded a DVD today, was quite satisfying thinking of the owner's face after traipsing up to the DO to get it.
All of the other times im just raging!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Satan's letterbox
I have carded a fair few love filmsUrbanPirate wrote:From time to time I take great pleasure in carding some pretty mundane stuff. Just to imagine the face of said person collecting some bin filler all because of there criminally small and trendy letter box!Dexydog wrote:I got 3 in a row on a farm building that are vertical with springs stiffer than a
Bloody lethal...
Update on my satan one- I carded a DVD today, was quite satisfying thinking of the owner's face after traipsing up to the DO to get it.
All of the other times im just raging!
-
banner
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:38
Satan's letterbox
I have a satan's letterbox with a flap that only opens to around a few centimetres, a double whammy

-
banner
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:38
Satan's letterbox
The deserved fate for those who purchase satan's letterbox!

