ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Poll : How did you vote?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How did you vote?

Yes
512
93%
No
26
5%
Spoilt the ballot paper
3
1%
I'm not voting 100%
7
1%
 
Total votes: 548

Aquarius
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Aquarius »

100% YES

Every Time

Bring it ON

Viva la revolución
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by wannabeek »

Dorset Plodder wrote: Do we have the actual figures for the last Strike to compare with the results our Straw Poll threw up then? :hmmmm
I've done a quick site search so apologies if this isn't 100% accurate:

2007
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 19% no. Total Votes 771.
Actual result: 78% yes. 62% turnout

2009
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 15% no. Total votes 454
Actual result: 76% yes. 67% turnout.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wannabeek wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote: Do we have the actual figures for the last Strike to compare with the results our Straw Poll threw up then? :hmmmm
I've done a quick site search so apologies if this isn't 100% accurate:

2007
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 19% no. Total Votes 771.
Actual result: 78% yes. 62% turnout

2009
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 15% no. Total votes 454
Actual result: 76% yes. 67% turnout.
So it's looking like 90% "yes" this time then. :thumbup
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by gary1975 »

DirtyHarry wrote:Although I lost all faith in the CWU after the last strike, and still have little faith in them, I voted 'Yes.'

Any port in a storm to kick RM senior managers, directors, shareholders, in the bollocks, is how I see it.
yeah but Billy Hayes the yes man has gone , Terry pullinger and co mean business
glfp
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by glfp »

gary1975 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:Although I lost all faith in the CWU after the last strike, and still have little faith in them, I voted 'Yes.'

Any port in a storm to kick RM senior managers, directors, shareholders, in the bollocks, is how I see it.
yeah but Billy Hayes the yes man has gone , Terry pullinger and co mean business
it's a NO for me guys.

As a part time floater I have never received one ounce of help from any senior members who all have easy rounds and yet moan, moan, moan.
I complained in a wtl that I haven't had a saturday off in 9 months and not one person backed me up - the cwu rep even said " operational needs"
I'll do my 25 hours same as usual - which is what I do every week.
I've come to realise its each man for himself with royal mail so I'm voting for me.
If I dont like any changes then I'll leave and get another job.
Not too sure if its true but another part time said in 2008 the CWU stitched up 2008 + starters with pensions.
Not meaning to antagonise but thats how I feel
ATB
Graham
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by deltaforce »

Pension changes for new starters were never agreed as far as I was aware.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

glfp wrote:
it's a NO for me guys.
Well thanks for the honesty. I'm not going to slag you off that's what democracy is about. I know Part Timers have had a shite deal for years, and haven't been helped out very much by the CWU & local Reps. It was a good tactic by RM to divide the workforce and have them at each others throats. I believe the CWU should have been a bit smarter and helped to avoid the two tier workforce scenario long ago.. :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by wannabeek »

glfp wrote: it's a NO for me guys.

I've come to realise its each man for himself with royal mail so I'm voting for me.
If I dont like any changes then I'll leave and get another job.
I think that's pretty twisted logic personally. Your situation currently sucks so instead of standing up for yourself and trying to get a better situation, you'll just accept whatever meagre scraps the bosses will toss you.

What makes you think other jobs will be so rosy if even the CWU with all its might cannot defend workers' rights?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by datasaint »

glfp wrote:
it's a NO for me guys.

As a part time floater I have never received one ounce of help from any senior members who all have easy rounds and yet moan, moan, moan.
I complained in a wtl that I haven't had a saturday off in 9 months and not one person backed me up - the cwu rep even said " operational needs"
Did you put in a grievance with the manager over not getting 1 in 6 saturdays off? Did you make the area rep aware?

If you sit back nothing will change, and that's precisely what you've done by voting no. You don't have a voice so nothing will change. Seems pretty defeatist.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
wannabeek wrote:
2007
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 19% no. Total Votes 771.
Actual result: 78% yes. 62% turnout
2009
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 15% no. Total votes 454
Actual result: 76% yes. 67% turnout.
So it's looking like 90% "yes" this time then. :thumbup
As rule of thumb if the actual vote is only slightly behind our Straw Pole it's looking pretty good for something like a 90% YES! :dance

Totally unscientific I know but it's going to be about as accurate as most of the "Professional" Predictions for both The Brexit Referendum and the last General Election. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DB,
And it might have been just 80% if Royal Mail hadn't sent us each a dozen postcards etc. urging us to vote "no" and all those PDA messages with the same propaganda message. :thumbup
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Spedley »

That's a shame "glfp" but I can see where you are coming from. If you feel it in you and given that you may be leaving anyway I'd love it if you voted YES. Personally I think a YES vote will benefit you but there is little point in arguing that. A YES vote for a total stranger would be appreciated and should our paths ever cross I'll buy you a pint. :)
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by wannabeek »

Nice sentiment Spedley, I like it. However, this is a poll of people who have already cast their vote.
Jammie1000000
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 15:01
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Jammie1000000 »

I voted Yes. I am leaving shortly but I know the importance of the yes vote on the T's & C's of my colleagues. Since privatization, RM has gone drastically downhill and nowadays managers aren't interested in any issues and colleagues don't tend to work as a team anymore.

Change is definitely needed
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Jammie1000000 wrote:I voted Yes. I am leaving shortly but I know the importance of the yes vote on the T's & C's of my colleagues. Since privatization, RM has gone drastically downhill and nowadays managers aren't interested in any issues and colleagues don't tend to work as a team anymore.

Change is definitely needed
Thanks a lot Jammie. :Applause What goes around comes around. I'm sure you'll be rewarded for your good nature. Good Luck in your new job. :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)