ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
-
thegreatestfreddy
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
In a nutshell...
Simply I don't trust anything RM is saying at the moment ...
To be quite honest I think they're just flaying around with bogus ideas in an attempt to keep the major investors thinking they have some kind of capability and innovation for growing this business.. I think they have not got a clue other than simply attempting cost cutting stunts which will ruin the great brand we have and destroy the trust and fondness the public hold for us at the moment...
RM no longer respects its workforce... And is going down the route of exploitation for the sake of profit.... they don't need to do this and we deserve better than this...
The union on the other hand are here for us all the way ... let's support each other and support our union.
Simply I don't trust anything RM is saying at the moment ...
To be quite honest I think they're just flaying around with bogus ideas in an attempt to keep the major investors thinking they have some kind of capability and innovation for growing this business.. I think they have not got a clue other than simply attempting cost cutting stunts which will ruin the great brand we have and destroy the trust and fondness the public hold for us at the moment...
RM no longer respects its workforce... And is going down the route of exploitation for the sake of profit.... they don't need to do this and we deserve better than this...
The union on the other hand are here for us all the way ... let's support each other and support our union.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
Well said.thegreatestfreddy wrote:In a nutshell...
Simply I don't trust anything RM is saying at the moment ...
To be quite honest I think they're just flaying around with bogus ideas in an attempt to keep the major investors thinking they have some kind of capability and innovation for growing this business.. I think they have not got a clue other than simply attempting cost cutting stunts which will ruin the great brand we have and destroy the trust and fondness the public hold for us at the moment...
RM no longer respects its workforce... And is going down the route of exploitation for the sake of profit.... they don't need to do this and we deserve better than this...
The union on the other hand are here for us all the way ... let's support each other and support our union.
I can't claim to read the Courier cover to cover
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
It's like telling a child if you don't behave we will take away the increase in pocket money we were going to give you !yellowbelly wrote:From a P/T'er on the DC pension scheme:
1. Regardless of the RM proposals for the old DB, the fact that RM propose to contribute 13.6% to their new idea of a pension compared to a proposed maximum of 10% for those in the DC - how is that equal? (And the tone of their letter received through the post today "If there is industrial action, the current offer from Royal Mail will be taken off the table".)
The letter also stated "Our proposed contribution is more than blue chip companies like BT and Sainsbury's. They contribute a maximum of 9% and 7.5% respectively".
They did not add - We have now offered the amount of 13.6% to our employees who are in another pension scheme. This is less than we were contributing, but more than our original offer. However it is still more than you are being offered in the inferior scheme.
(note; I have edited this post from original wording)
Last edited by rogersh on 19 Sep 2017, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
-
patrickstar14
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 04 Jan 2016, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
1 PIPELINE- for me this is the most important part of Royal Mail's proposals. Don't underestimate the level of change to shift patterns and job losses
2 PENSION- a decent pension for everyone being discussed by the CWU
3 LEGACY PAYMENTS- for me a loss of £30 per week , forgetting the 18 months of compensation I don't want it
vote YES
2 PENSION- a decent pension for everyone being discussed by the CWU
3 LEGACY PAYMENTS- for me a loss of £30 per week , forgetting the 18 months of compensation I don't want it
vote YES
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
1. Pipeline. Later starts/later finishes? f**k off.
2. Pension. s**t enough as it is, thankyou very much. Another f**k off.
3. The job. I hate it as it stands NOW. God forbid it goes further down the pan. Yet another, f**k off.
2. Pension. s**t enough as it is, thankyou very much. Another f**k off.
3. The job. I hate it as it stands NOW. God forbid it goes further down the pan. Yet another, f**k off.
-
hammer69
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 01 Mar 2010, 14:39
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
Pipeline - Union got it right for employees and customers 7am - 7pm deliveries
Ownership of round - No way Jose!!
Pension - Union to get best deal they can for all.
Ownership of round - No way Jose!!
Pension - Union to get best deal they can for all.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
1 - pensions. Specifically the two-tier workforce aspect of their proposal. We need to be a unified workforce on the same conditions. (Same rules must apply to new employees for the same reason)
2 - 'ownership' of rounds. That's why I rejected applying for a Parcelforce job having read the small-print on the application.
3 - Pipeline. I'm not massively bothered about working late in the day if the pay is improved enough to make up for that but I won't tolerate 6 to 7 hour delivery spans. My body just won't, and I'm reasonably fit!
2 - 'ownership' of rounds. That's why I rejected applying for a Parcelforce job having read the small-print on the application.
3 - Pipeline. I'm not massively bothered about working late in the day if the pay is improved enough to make up for that but I won't tolerate 6 to 7 hour delivery spans. My body just won't, and I'm reasonably fit!
-
thegreatestfreddy
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
I have a theory about RM management....
If it involves them having to do anything themselves (actual physical work) then they are simply not interested...
Just watch them...
We had a lift failure one day at our DO... chaos evolved with posties having to carry all of the mail downstairs in order to get out on delivery... there were several (senior) managers around all just walking around with mugs of coffee and bacon sandwiches in their hands... did absolutely nothing to help.... unbelievable...
Ambassadors for Moya's 'can do' culture' ...!??.. I THINK NOT
Could you imagine them in a war ??
Complete shambles
If it involves them having to do anything themselves (actual physical work) then they are simply not interested...
Just watch them...
We had a lift failure one day at our DO... chaos evolved with posties having to carry all of the mail downstairs in order to get out on delivery... there were several (senior) managers around all just walking around with mugs of coffee and bacon sandwiches in their hands... did absolutely nothing to help.... unbelievable...
Ambassadors for Moya's 'can do' culture' ...!??.. I THINK NOT
Could you imagine them in a war ??
Complete shambles
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
Yes.Could you imagine them in a war ??
Wearing the wrong uniform.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
I think RM were in control at the Charge of the Light Brigade.thegreatestfreddy wrote:
Could you imagine them in a war ??
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
and the 1842 retreat from Kabulclashcityrocker wrote:I think RM were in control at the Charge of the Light Brigade.thegreatestfreddy wrote:
Could you imagine them in a war ??
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
yes, desk bound officers sending daily postcards to us on the front line explaining "we're right behind you lads" !fishtank wrote:Yes.Could you imagine them in a war ??
Wearing the wrong uniform.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
1. Later starts for everyone - will be worst for us and our customers. If the pipeline really has to change then we must not accept bigger outdoor delivery spans because the current ones are nearly killing us. I'm getting that thin my missus keeps thinking I've been living and working in Belsen concentration camp.
2. Ownership of round - its an absolute non-starter for me. Just pay staff for the hours that they have worked. No more, no less.
3. Failure of Royal Mail to adhere to its agreements - reviews to Part Time hours, using agency staff long term, local agreements made not to lapse and then... lapsing
2. Ownership of round - its an absolute non-starter for me. Just pay staff for the hours that they have worked. No more, no less.
3. Failure of Royal Mail to adhere to its agreements - reviews to Part Time hours, using agency staff long term, local agreements made not to lapse and then... lapsing
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
1. Pension robbery 2. Later starts = you have no life at all and a badly fked body 3. The years of lies n lies
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Your top 3 reasons for voting yes.
Just 3 reasons thats tough, can i have 33