Got home opened the letter X in the box and straight back in the postbox. YES because because of EVERYTHING Royal Mail have put forward. But especially trying to steal money of us all in Retirement by offering a shite pension deal!
Quick one: If someone's not in the Union do they have to, are they allowed, to strike? Should they be crossing Official Picket lines?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder wrote:Quick one: If someone's not in the Union do they have to, are they allowed, to strike? Should they be crossing Official Picket lines?
If the strike is legal then even non-members have the same protection as Union members do.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
If the strike is legal then even non-members have the same protection as Union members do.
Thanks for that. I take it that wether or not they cross an Official Picket line is just down to the individual. Having said that we're running a sweep stake on several of our colleagues who we just know are going to be coming in to work.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
The "'Yes' percentage ?" poll launched on 6th August ended up at 88% "yes" and 12% "no".
This "How did you vote ?" poll launched yesterday is running at 94% "yes" and 4% "no".
If that proves anything it's that Royal Mail's near daily propaganda mailings treating us as if we were all born yesterday and seen as little short of repeated lies have done a spectacular job in galvanising support for the CWU's Four Pillars.
I don't much like sporting metaphors but I've never seen an own goal that matches the one just done by Moya's communications team.
I can't edit the poll as it will take it back to zero votes.
To be fair although unscientific, we want to know what union members on here are voting.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
POSTMAN wrote:I can't edit the poll as it will take it back to zero votes.
To be fair although unscientific, we want to know what union members on here are voting.
Well I just rather everyone votes everyone's got an opinion right let's give them the voice or post their own reason for not doing so not here to badger like RM do let's see what can happen with the power of democracy!
Incredible! So far 14 no, even worse 5 non voters ?? Why ? No view at all, sad but there you go. As for 2 spoilt papers, is it so hard to X a box ? Maybe needing some time with the WPC.
I wonder what RM's 'overwhelming' majority is on their leaflets. 66% expressed an opinion on one of them but it didn't say what an 'overwhelming' majority was. I doubt it was 94% :)
Lounge Lizard wrote:The "'Yes' percentage ?" poll launched on 6th August ended up at 88% "yes" and 12% "no".
This "How did you vote ?" poll launched yesterday is running at 94% "yes" and 4% "no".
If that proves anything it's that Royal Mail's near daily propaganda mailings treating us as if we were all born yesterday and seen as little short of repeated lies have done a spectacular job in galvanising support for the CWU's Four Pillars.
LZ Do you believe that RMC reflects the true range of opinions within the company? I feel we're all rather more "Anti-Management" than "Pro-Management" (and I only use those terms for simplicity, originally I used Royal Mail instead of Management). Although we have a few Trolls and an element of Management, they're not very vocal due to fact they normally get shouted down. I agree with another post that it might be insightful to hear why some members feel the need to vote No, or indeed to spoil their ballot paper.
Bearing these points in mind I'd expect to see a slight reduction in the actual percentages of the Official vote, as opposed to our Straw Poll (which I do believe is interesting and VERY encouraging). Do we have the actual figures for the last Strike to compare with the results our Straw Poll threw up then?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)