Good point but RM don't care even if you get killed it's just another full timer gone or a part timer on a lesser contract as they said 80% of full time pay not the 90% now!30+YEARMAN wrote:I think muggings and attacks on postal workers will go up because you will be an easy target at least in daylight you can see if someone is lurking around,they really haven't though this through properly.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Later Starts
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Later Starts
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Later Starts
I have previously been the victim of physical assault while on duty and I am not looking forward to the prospect of delivering in the dark. The town I work in is hardly a big place but still has one or two estates which to many in the town are best kept away from when the sun goes down. Having lived in a large city before, there are much worse areas, in terms of the anti-social behaviour of some of the residents, than where I live now and I shudder to think what some of these headcases, often hanging around in gangs, would make of lone postmen and women wandering from door to door in dimly lit streets with houses tucked out of sight, blocks of flats, narrow ginnels etc.
For somebody, somewhere, a disaster waiting to happen.
For somebody, somewhere, a disaster waiting to happen.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Later Starts
Delivering mail in the dark = more mis-deliveries, more accidents or 'incidents', more customer complaints, nobody willing to take on additional overtime, Special delivery and USO failures. Now why on earth would a company that regularly preaches to its employees via daily huddles and work,time+ learning about health and safety, meeting quality targets and customer complaints ever contemplate this??
This isn't a change that is a bitter pill for us all to swallow and adapt to; its also a dangerous one.
This isn't a change that is a bitter pill for us all to swallow and adapt to; its also a dangerous one.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Later Starts
It does not need to be that way though if royalmail would work with the union end the bonus culture of management engage employees ( Even if as minority share holders) and stop the diktat and control and fear regime with all it's propaganda of fear and doom and at the top of all this it's not just MOYA she is a product of a society she got to her place by being who she is because the society of money is everything to some it is king. But for most of us a reasonable standard of living should be for all and it would if the 1% shared it fairly with the 99% who do not have it you only have to look at bill gates or even mark Zuckerberg they give money away not bully bosses to get even more out of poor postmen/women yet spend millions on propaganda. You all have a vote use it and use it wisely it maybe the last vote you ever get!postslippete wrote:Delivering mail in the dark = more mis-deliveries, more accidents or 'incidents', more customer complaints, nobody willing to take on additional overtime, Special delivery and USO failures. Now why on earth would a company that regularly preaches to its employees via daily huddles and work,time+ learning about health and safety, meeting quality targets and customer complaints ever contemplate this??
This isn't a change that is a bitter pill for us all to swallow and adapt to; its also a dangerous one.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Later Starts
This is what I'm worried about too.Ozzvaldo wrote:I have previously been the victim of physical assault while on duty and I am not looking forward to the prospect of delivering in the dark. The town I work in is hardly a big place but still has one or two estates which to many in the town are best kept away from when the sun goes down. Having lived in a large city before, there are much worse areas, in terms of the anti-social behaviour of some of the residents, than where I live now and I shudder to think what some of these headcases, often hanging around in gangs, would make of lone postmen and women wandering from door to door in dimly lit streets with houses tucked out of sight, blocks of flats, narrow ginnels etc.
For somebody, somewhere, a disaster waiting to happen.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Later Starts
Well you know what to vote for then if you have a vote use it if you don't it will be being discussed as we all have concerns about this 0600 is a lot different than 1800 or later I nearly came to grief at 0830 but it was light then and people were about and called him off! I know your concerns first hand been there and lived after it.Interested-seeker wrote:This is what I'm worried about too.Ozzvaldo wrote:I have previously been the victim of physical assault while on duty and I am not looking forward to the prospect of delivering in the dark. The town I work in is hardly a big place but still has one or two estates which to many in the town are best kept away from when the sun goes down. Having lived in a large city before, there are much worse areas, in terms of the anti-social behaviour of some of the residents, than where I live now and I shudder to think what some of these headcases, often hanging around in gangs, would make of lone postmen and women wandering from door to door in dimly lit streets with houses tucked out of sight, blocks of flats, narrow ginnels etc.
For somebody, somewhere, a disaster waiting to happen.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Later Starts
If we have later starts, thats going to make it difficult to deliver to flats where the service button switches off at noon!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Later Starts
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 517
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Later Starts
That's great as I normally finish at 3!!wacko74 wrote:Never mind starting 2 hours later... our area rep reckons ultimately RM would want to readjust the pipeline to see us starting work at 2 pm!!