ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
propaganda bombardment
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
propaganda bombardment
It cannot be anything other than a yes . Slash and burn and profit is king , morale an all time low , sick absence and stress an all time high . If you respect youreself you can only vote one way .
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
propaganda bombardment
To be honest, I've been too busy working to read all of the propaganda messages that are sent to the PDA. Also, as I'm P/T I miss out on WTL(?) sessions, never heard of them til I read this forum.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
An anonymous candlestick maker has said that if we go on strike ........... Bleur. Bleur. Bleur ......
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
propaganda bombardment
"No Fight To Pick- Your Community Relies On You" is that why we must maximise returns for investors like the government of Kuwait just so the 'community' can get by on zero hours,shut another shop or scrape off the latest body to jump from a high building oh but I'm glad that last flight of stairs before the heart attack made someone happy at the other side of the world.GIRUY.
-
tone123
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 12:09
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
yet another postcard today, this time with supposedly anonymous quotes from four fictional traders.
This is the biggest load of guff I've seen on them so far.
The front carries the threat that "industrial action hurts you........Hurts your terms and conditions".
Are they implying that contractual terms will be altered as some kind of punishment? I'd have thought that was illegal. Indeed the very threat of it may well be illegal intimidation.
Major Online retailer claims "If Royal Mail can't commit to their normal customer promise, we will simply switch to another carrier who are already hungry for our business".
No you won't. If they were already offering a better deal and service than RM you'd already be using them. Good luck keeping those valuable items safe and delivered properly if you're thinking of using the likes of Yodel. I can just imagine the fun this retailer will have when they have to deal with countless calls from unhappy customers where their items have either not arrived or been dumped in a side alley in the rain.
Ebay Power Seller - "I'd have to move my business. We can't afford to not know if the items will be delivered or not".
Er, that's exactly why you don't use other couriers at the moment.
Financial services company - "if we cannot rely on the mail, it will drive us to use email to communicate with our customers and to switch away from letters".
Utter tosh. I'll put money on the fact you're already doing that wherever possible. There are still numerous documents that you HAVE to send in a physical copy for legal reasons. What are you going to do with those?
As has been pointed out on here, the decision is 90% based on price. You might select another service provider for a short period of disruption but if the offer is good you'd soon go back to RM. If you combined the price along with the quality of service I genuinely think that RM offer excellent value.
This latest bit of propaganda has certainly got my attention RM. But probably not in the manner you wanted.
This is the biggest load of guff I've seen on them so far.
The front carries the threat that "industrial action hurts you........Hurts your terms and conditions".
Are they implying that contractual terms will be altered as some kind of punishment? I'd have thought that was illegal. Indeed the very threat of it may well be illegal intimidation.
Major Online retailer claims "If Royal Mail can't commit to their normal customer promise, we will simply switch to another carrier who are already hungry for our business".
No you won't. If they were already offering a better deal and service than RM you'd already be using them. Good luck keeping those valuable items safe and delivered properly if you're thinking of using the likes of Yodel. I can just imagine the fun this retailer will have when they have to deal with countless calls from unhappy customers where their items have either not arrived or been dumped in a side alley in the rain.
Ebay Power Seller - "I'd have to move my business. We can't afford to not know if the items will be delivered or not".
Er, that's exactly why you don't use other couriers at the moment.
Financial services company - "if we cannot rely on the mail, it will drive us to use email to communicate with our customers and to switch away from letters".
Utter tosh. I'll put money on the fact you're already doing that wherever possible. There are still numerous documents that you HAVE to send in a physical copy for legal reasons. What are you going to do with those?
As has been pointed out on here, the decision is 90% based on price. You might select another service provider for a short period of disruption but if the offer is good you'd soon go back to RM. If you combined the price along with the quality of service I genuinely think that RM offer excellent value.
This latest bit of propaganda has certainly got my attention RM. But probably not in the manner you wanted.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
propaganda bombardment
If it was illegal then why is it in the groundbreaking Agenda For Growth agreement?tone123 wrote: Are they implying that contractual terms will be altered as some kind of punishment? I'd have thought that was illegal. Indeed the very threat of it may well be illegal intimidation.
7 Exceptional Circumstances
7.1 The Employer shall be entitled to notify the CWU at any time that any of the Protections will no longer continue, if any of the following exceptional circumstances apply:
e) if there is national-scale industrial action (in the form of a strike or action short of a strike) which has been authorised at national level by the CWU, namely industrial action which either (i) involves employees in the majority of operational workplaces across Royal Mail Group Limited; or (ii) involves employees in an integral part of the operation whereby taking action will have, or is reasonably likely to have, a similarly disruptive effect.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
"Don't give YOUR customers a reason to say NO to Royal Mail" ehh, they aren't MY customers, if I left for a different company, would the various energy companies/banks follow suit with their mail? doubt it.
Other companies can't handle the excess workload that Christmas brings, and dump more onto Royal Mail. Who can they turn to if we're on strike?
Other companies can't handle the excess workload that Christmas brings, and dump more onto Royal Mail. Who can they turn to if we're on strike?
-
oypostie
- Posts: 918
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
propaganda bombardment
So what about all the DSA parasites who will they run to ?
Ah, nobody else to do it, So they won't be going anywhere.
There's a large part of the business remaining as it is
Ah, nobody else to do it, So they won't be going anywhere.
There's a large part of the business remaining as it is
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
Well maybe this is the reason why RM are pushing CWU and us workers into a corner. If our protections (all or some) are removed prior to 2019 (when the Agenda for Growth agreement runs out) then RIP Royal Mail....clashcityrocker wrote:If it was illegal then why is it in the groundbreaking Agenda For Growth agreement?tone123 wrote: Are they implying that contractual terms will be altered as some kind of punishment? I'd have thought that was illegal. Indeed the very threat of it may well be illegal intimidation.
7 Exceptional Circumstances
7.1 The Employer shall be entitled to notify the CWU at any time that any of the Protections will no longer continue, if any of the following exceptional circumstances apply:
e) if there is national-scale industrial action (in the form of a strike or action short of a strike) which has been authorised at national level by the CWU, namely industrial action which either (i) involves employees in the majority of operational workplaces across Royal Mail Group Limited; or (ii) involves employees in an integral part of the operation whereby taking action will have, or is reasonably likely to have, a similarly disruptive effect.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
propaganda bombardment
I know it's the wrong attitude and we need the job to pay bills and live etc but t I'm slowly beginning to think if RM lose work through a strike I really couldn't give a toss.
They're running the company into the ground anyway so this will only speed the process up a bit.
Terrible way to think about our jobs but it how it's starting to make me feel.
They're running the company into the ground anyway so this will only speed the process up a bit.
Terrible way to think about our jobs but it how it's starting to make me feel.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
propaganda bombardment
For many years I actually took a pride in the job but with every one of those propaganda postcards and every issue of the Courier I too sadly am increasingly thinking I couldn't give a toss.Shaders wrote:I know it's the wrong attitude and we need the job to pay bills and live etc but t I'm slowly beginning to think if RM lose work through a strike I really couldn't give a toss.
They're running the company into the ground anyway so this will only speed the process up a bit.
Terrible way to think about our jobs but it how it's starting to make me feel.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
If we lose business then RM will save money on OT being paid out.
By voting yes, I'm protecting RM!
By voting yes, I'm protecting RM!
-
tone123
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 12:09
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
yet another new postcard today.
I'll be sad when they stop as I'll have nothing to line the bottom of the budgie's cage.
I'll be sad when they stop as I'll have nothing to line the bottom of the budgie's cage.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
propaganda bombardment
To send as many cards out as they are they're obviously bricking it,
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
propaganda bombardment
If Moya had spent a few bob to get someone like Donald McGill to illustrate her postcards they might not go straight to bottom of the budgie's cage.tone123 wrote:yet another new postcard today.
I'll be sad when they stop as I'll have nothing to line the bottom of the budgie's cage.
Now what else is there at the bottom of the budgie's cage, four letters ending in 'IT' ?