ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Turning 65 with a skydive for Trowbridge postman

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Turning 65 with a skydive for Trowbridge postman

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/1 ... e_postman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOT many would celebrate their 65th birthday with a skydive but on Saturday Trowbridge resident Les Barnes is doing just that.

Mr Barnes, of Amouracre, did not know much about it, but when his son Darren was asking what he wanted for his birthday, he decided to sign his dad up for GoSkydive in Salisbury.

Now the postman will hurl himself out of a plane from 15,000 feet to raise funds for Lavender House & Primrose Lodge care home, where his 22-year-old daughter Leanne, who has a rare genetic disorder called Rett syndrome that affects brain development and results in severe mental and physical disability, lives.

"I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have never done anything like this before but I am sure it will be an unforgettable event," he said.

"The care home treat my daughter really well there and so far I have raised more than £1,000 for the home so that they can make a nice sensory garden there for the other residents.

"This is my way of saying thank you to them and doing something a bit barmy. My son signed me up for it a while back and I just went along with it and now I am just a few days away. If we can get up to £1,500 that would be great."

To donate call the care home on 01225 753485.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.