It really does boil down to the standard of Manager. If you've got a Good One you'll probably loose him....If you've got a Bloody Idiot then you're stuck with him for life.
We've had a fairly rapid turnover of DOMs, for various reasons, at one stage we just had Temporary DOMs turning up ever now and then. One time No Manager for a fortnight, and then three different ones on three consecutive days!
Latest one...Brilliant...and I'll take my hat to him.

I use the Over Running Procedure, Leave Lapsing if I haven't got the time ... No Problem...No Bullying. He pays overtime without Bullshitting, if it's a Genuine Mistake... It's paid the following week.Even Managed to get the Leave sorted out (for about the first time in 4 years)!
He's even started to deal with the
"Old Mafia", sending them back out when they come back early and reminding them that they work for Royal Mail, not the other way around. First time I've seen a Manger effectively deal with the usual Gobshites in WTLL. Needless to say he's being moved on, against his will I'll hasten to add.

But at least we've had a glimpse of what a Good Manger can achieve and it's been really stress free being allowed to get on with the job as it should be done.
