ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

legacy payment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Post69
Posts: 195
Joined: 12 May 2017, 09:38
Gender: Male

legacy payment

Post by Post69 »

Legacy payments are different in all parts of the country weather that be PHG, driving, RISS etc etc my office I work in is on the boarders of the London weighting so don't qualify for the payment but we do get RISS (defined area) and I've had that payment for about 33 years! Putting to one side pensions and pay rise you or the union for that matter would be totally mad to even think of accepting anybody losing any legacy payment no Matter how small that payment is! Because it's paramount to a pay cut!,but apparently (so I was told by our local rep) that royal mail was saying they weren't looking at taking it away just distributing it in a more fair way (a good example of divide and conquer me thinks?)
stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1458
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04

legacy payment

Post by stephen500 »

POSTMAN wrote:I was always under the impression that the ex-phg payment was made until the ex-phg's and the rest of us pay was equal.
No it was in perpetuity and on an individual rights basis..see way forward agreement