ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best thing about being a Postie?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by k979aaa »

Getting your parcel/packet before it gets delayed by managerial incompetence!
Nick b
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 21:57
Gender: Male

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by Nick b »

Respect! They all think, Oh or only a postman. But they say it because they are jealous, jealous that we are well paid, pension, camaraderie male and female. Most off those I joined with said,"I'll try it till I getting something better and are still here 10/20/30 years later. RM is still a job for life. Despite what the sinics say.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

woopesh wrote:Never quite saw the point in Peshwari Naan myself. Always preferred a plain Naan with meat curries or a keema naan or garlic naan if wanting something a bit different.
Ha Ha :Very Happy
Don't like it myself either!
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by wacko74 »

Not necessarily the best thing but whenever I have to take my car to a garage or need tradesmen to do work on the house I always make a point of making them aware I'm a postie... the psychology being that they'll do a good job for me or I'll be telling all my customers not to use them!
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by woopesh »

wacko74 wrote:Not necessarily the best thing but whenever I have to take my car to a garage or need tradesmen to do work on the house I always make a point of making them aware I'm a postie... the psychology being that they'll do a good job for me or I'll be telling all my customers not to use them!
Equally they might think their postie is a w****r and spit on your dipstick.
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by bmccoll »

Best thing about being a postie? Knocking on someone's door, especially older folk and chatting for a minute, you're probably the only person that they see that day and it is a great feeling. And getting to know people on your round and getting waves and hello's from them even on your day off.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

bmccoll wrote:Best thing about being a postie? Knocking on someone's door, especially older folk and chatting for a minute, you're probably the only person that they see that day and it is a great feeling. And getting to know people on your round and getting waves and hello's from them even on your day off.
Yes, definitely. :thumbup
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Best thing about being a Postie?

Post by Clared »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Best things about being a postie:

Working outside instead of in a stuffy office.
You mainly rely on yourself when working.
You can rely on most of your co-workers in a pinch.
Well respected amongst the community you work in.
Decent pay (at the moment).
Keeps you fit.
Once delivering its not that stressful.
Community Spirit.
The Camaraderie.
Christmas Tips. (non-monetary ones are the best)
Have to agree with those points