ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM paying the public to spy
-
anthonyok
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 13 Oct 2007, 17:53
RM paying the public to spy
What about when you get to the end of the week and in your bundle you forget who the unmarked d2d is for so you put it through the wrong house? I personally mark the numbers on the last few i clear to be safe.
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
Either clear a whole section each day (preferred method) or take where you are going through the week then mark up any remaining prior to Saturday's delivery.anthonyok wrote:What about when you get to the end of the week and in your bundle you forget who the unmarked d2d is for so you put it through the wrong house? I personally mark the numbers on the last few i clear to be safe.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
In the absence of managers doing (or being able to do) their job and actually checking that door 2 doors are thrown in this is Plan B for them. A resource problem leading to poor remedies again? I know several postmen who take the d2d's out with them in boxes claiming they are putting them in the pouches on delivery. Come on! No checks mean this will happen, and it is s*****ng on fellow workers doing their job properly from a great height.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
Also I'm part-time and bundle a walk up for 2 of us to do.anthonyok wrote:What about when you get to the end of the week and in your bundle you forget who the unmarked d2d is for so you put it through the wrong house? I personally mark the numbers on the last few i clear to be safe.
The other guy throws in all the d2d on a morning.
What am I supposed to do if he pulls out his fitting and doesn't mark the d2d with no mail on a Saturday?
Lots of houses get 2 how am I supposed to know what's to be delivered where?
Totally uncheckable and unproveable who's done what by end of week by the time you factor in the cover man.
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
Agree with you. There is really only one way to ensure the accuracy of door to door delivery and that is for everyone to clear a 1/6 section every day. This does rely on managers monitoring and enforcing this method daily. Unless that happens it won't work.Dexydog wrote:Also I'm part-time and bundle a walk up for 2 of us to do.anthonyok wrote:What about when you get to the end of the week and in your bundle you forget who the unmarked d2d is for so you put it through the wrong house? I personally mark the numbers on the last few i clear to be safe.
The other guy throws in all the d2d on a morning.
What am I supposed to do if he pulls out his fitting and doesn't mark the d2d with no mail on a Saturday?
Lots of houses get 2 how am I supposed to know what's to be delivered where?
Totally uncheckable and unproveable who's done what by end of week by the time you factor in the cover man.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
Whole office does same line on fitting every day mon-sat or they can't possibly check, and certainly can't use conduct code for non delivery.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
Know what you mean Redneck. The Old, "I'm going to slot the Households in with my mail as I go around" trick.redneck wrote:In the absence of managers doing (or being able to do) their job and actually checking that door 2 doors are thrown in this is Plan B for them. A resource problem leading to poor remedies again? I know several postmen who take the d2d's out with them in boxes claiming they are putting them in the pouches on delivery. Come on! No checks mean this will happen, and it is s*****ng on fellow workers doing their job properly from a great height.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
RM paying the public to spy
Got called into the office a few years back because repeatedly test letters were arriving late at a certain address! Took me a long time before the manager would tell me which address.
Mail box in barn approx 3/4 mile away from property, not unusual for customer to check mail box before I'd delivered or to not collect mail for 2-3 days!!
Mail box in barn approx 3/4 mile away from property, not unusual for customer to check mail box before I'd delivered or to not collect mail for 2-3 days!!