ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Support our Lisa's 13,000ft charity jump

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Support our Lisa's 13,000ft charity jump

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cwu.org/media/news/2017/augu ... rity-jump/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nottinghamshire postal worker Lisa McLernon is planning to jump from an aeroplane at 13,000 feet next month.



And her courageous leap will be to raise cash and awareness for four vitally important causes.



“I’m a first-time parachutist and a first-time fund-raiser,” she explains, listing Fibromyalgia Action UK, Alzheimers Research UK,Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust and Royal School for the Deaf, Derby, as her nominated charities.



The first of these – Fibromyalgia Action – is perhaps the least well-known and is a voluntary organisation focussing on assisting people with this chronic condition of widespread pain and fatigue.



“I have particularly chosen Fibromyalgia Action UK as I have a number of close friends who I see suffer this 'invisible' illness on a daily basis and I feel I need to help towards a cure,” says Lisa, who also highlights the “extremely valuable work” being done by the other three organisations she is supporting.



“As a CWU member, I really appreciate the union’s core values of sticking together and of helping others – and what better way of carrying this out in practice than to support these vitally important causes and helping them to do more.



“I’d greatly appreciate any support from my fellow CWU members, so if you can spare something, then please go towww.sponsorme.co.uk/lisamclernon and donate what you can.”



With just a few weeks until the big jump, at Langar in Nottinghamshire, Lisa is looking forward to the event with a mixture of excitement and a little nervousness, but she vows: “No backing out now!



“As I jump out of that plane i'll be thinking of all the good work that will be done with your generous donations.”





To donate to Lisa’s appeal, please visit http://www.sponsorme.co.uk/lisamclernon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.