ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman halts city centre trams after parking van on double yellow lines
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Postman halts city centre trams after parking van on double yellow lines
aha interesting that, maybe that's why I see a lot of them round here (Walsall)
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Postman halts city centre trams after parking van on double yellow lines
Don't talk stupid,the police used to do it all the time,and whilst lorry driving I've seen it done loads of times,seen it done loads of time whilst on tour across the water.aiden01 wrote:surely you are taking the piss??
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman halts city centre trams after parking van on double yellow lines
I've done it as well. Not to a RM van though.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Postman halts city centre trams after parking van on double yellow lines
Yes,
I remember as teenagers in London two of us were asked by a coach driver if we could help 'bump' a car a few yards so that his coach could get round the corner of a square rather than reversing quite a distance.
We readily did as the coach driver asked and it only took us a few minutes.
For a long time afterwards we were amused at the thought of the car owner returning whenever to find his car, undamaged, several yards from where it had been parked without any obvious explanation.
I remember as teenagers in London two of us were asked by a coach driver if we could help 'bump' a car a few yards so that his coach could get round the corner of a square rather than reversing quite a distance.
We readily did as the coach driver asked and it only took us a few minutes.
For a long time afterwards we were amused at the thought of the car owner returning whenever to find his car, undamaged, several yards from where it had been parked without any obvious explanation.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Postman halts city centre trams after parking van on double yellow lines
Never talk stupid why did police not remove it then.DB1100 wrote:Don't talk stupid,the police used to do it all the time,and whilst lorry driving I've seen it done loads of times,seen it done loads of time whilst on tour across the water.aiden01 wrote:surely you are taking the piss??
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Postman halts city centre trams after parking van on double yellow lines
And how long would the police take to do that ?aiden01 wrote:Never talk stupid why did police not remove it then.DB1100 wrote:Don't talk stupid,the police used to do it all the time,and whilst lorry driving I've seen it done loads of times,seen it done loads of time whilst on tour across the water.aiden01 wrote:surely you are taking the piss??