ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LIZ HOGGARD: Is it just me... or is taking in post for the neighbours a nightmare

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

LIZ HOGGARD: Is it just me... or is taking in post for the neighbours a nightmare

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... tmare.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

>Liz Hoggard questions the etiquette of relying on neighbours to collect parcels
>The good Samaritan feeling of signing for packages can easily wear off
>She describes the ‘post game’ as being a very delicate operation

My hall has become a mini assault course. I can’t remember the last time I walked to my front door without cursing. Daily I clamber over huge boxes and crates.

One giant parcel (either a stepladder or a flatpack garden bench and chairs) has been there for two weeks. I like exciting parcels as much as the next woman — but these aren’t mine. And so I’m officially on strike. No more taking in post for the neighbours.

It all starts so innocently: ‘Could you just sign here for 170b?’ asks the postman with his clipboard.


‘Why, of course,’ you smile. Here’s your chance to be a good Samaritan. You get that warm, fuzzy feeling that you’re helping someone. And then they start unloading the lorry. And wheel in half a house.

‘Whooah,’ you splutter. ‘I’m not sure it will all fit in here.’ But too late. The horse — or rather postman — has bolted. Never mind, you think. I’ll just put a polite note through their door. They’ll be a bit embarrassed. It will all be gone tonight.

Two weeks later. . . nothing. What sort of person orders garden furniture before they go on holiday?

Now I’m not perfect. I’m an internet shopping fiend. But I plan deliveries like a small military campaign, so as not to irritate. If my boxes of organic cat food (for grumpy senior cats) do end up at number 172 by mistake, I’m there with a bottle of wine and grovelling thanks.

The ‘post game’ is a delicate operation. You only get so many strikes before you’re out. So, dear neighbours at 170b, if you don’t remove the bench by tonight, I’m having a bonfire.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

LIZ HOGGARD: Is it just me... or is taking in post for the neighbours a nightmare

Post by Interested-seeker »

What is even more interesting are the comments under the article. :cuppa
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

LIZ HOGGARD: Is it just me... or is taking in post for the neighbours a nightmare

Post by saddlerposty »

ffs talk about exaggerating. :roll:
postman with a clipboard? what decade are you stuck in .
and to answer your question ...YES it is you.