ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Donald retires having been Banton and Queenzieburn's postman since 1973

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Donald retires having been Banton and Queenzieburn's postman since 1973

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cumbernauld-news.co.uk/news/ ... -1-4524388" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

Residents of villages near Kilsyth said a fond farewell to long-serving postman Donald Provan at the weekend.

Donald, who has served Banton and Queenzieburn since 1973, made his final delivery on Saturday as he has now retired.

Locals honoured the occasion with a welcoming committee and plenty of gifts as they wished the popular postie a happy retirement.

Donald, who lives in Kilsyth, said: “Folk have been stopping me all the time to give me their regards.

They are lovely people and I’ll miss all of them. “However I am also looking forward to retirement, it feels like the right time right – something I have been reminded of with all the soakings I’ve had in this wet summer.”

Little four-year-old Juliet Miller was one of the Banton residents who took part in Donald’s send-off. She said: “I like him more than Postman Pat.”

Fellow villager Benedikta Smith said: “Donald is always very cheerful and always has time for a chat. He was just a lovely country postman.” Donald is president of Kilsyth Bowling Club and supports Rangers FC.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.