ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Why
I worked with a guy the same age as me with longer service, who would have got a better pension and lump sum than me. But he wouldn't take VR/EVR because he said he didn't want to be at home with wife all day!postslippete wrote:I go into work to keep away from the missus!!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Why
Ricardo,Ricardo44 wrote:Ginge,
Someone else posted on this thread calling someone a four letter word. The post has been removed.
Hope this helps.
I hadn't realised that and that is not a good idea !
But we should all perhaps realise the pressure some of us the wrong side of 50 are under.
Ten years ago I could easily do overtime up to working twelve or more hours a day and I still seemed to have a life outside of work.
Now I am really struggling to do a basic eight hour day and I don't mind admitting that I have recently seen my doctor about how irritable I'm getting solely as a result of work.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Why
Imagine having a van share with the missus !baldrick wrote:I worked with a guy the same age as me with longer service, who would have got a better pension and lump sum than me. But he wouldn't take VR/EVR because he said he didn't want to be at home with wife all day!postslippete wrote:I go into work to keep away from the missus!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Why
Wasn't your post as its still here.Ginge wrote:Where's the name calling in this post? It was a genuine question as to why we stay with everything that goes on,wasn't meant to offend???
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Why
Some people do. What do they talk about when they get home? Not for me good grief.Lounge Lizard wrote:Imagine having a van share with the missus !baldrick wrote:I worked with a guy the same age as me with longer service, who would have got a better pension and lump sum than me. But he wouldn't take VR/EVR because he said he didn't want to be at home with wife all day!postslippete wrote:I go into work to keep away from the missus!!![]()
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Why
"Which streets for the Door To Doors tomorrow Darling ?"rubberbond wrote:Some people do. What do they talk about when they get home? Not for me good grief.Lounge Lizard wrote:Imagine having a van share with the missus !baldrick wrote:I worked with a guy the same age as me with longer service, who would have got a better pension and lump sum than me. But he wouldn't take VR/EVR because he said he didn't want to be at home with wife all day!postslippete wrote:I go into work to keep away from the missus!!![]()
"Do you think we will have many Special Deliveries tomorrow Darling ?"
"Shall we take our breaks tomorrow Darling ?"
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Why
I agree with you Lounge Lizard and can relate to everything in your post.Lounge Lizard wrote:Ricardo,Ricardo44 wrote:Ginge,
Someone else posted on this thread calling someone a four letter word. The post has been removed.
Hope this helps.
I hadn't realised that and that is not a good idea !![]()
But we should all perhaps realise the pressure some of us the wrong side of 50 are under.
Ten years ago I could easily do overtime up to working twelve or more hours a day and I still seemed to have a life outside of work.
Now I am really struggling to do a basic eight hour day and I don't mind admitting that I have recently seen my doctor about how irritable I'm getting solely as a result of work.
10 years ago I used to work my day off nearly every week but because the walks were shorter and I was younger and was home by 1pm most days I still had the time and energy to do things.
Now when I get home I'm so knackered and in pain I have to lie down for an hour or 2 when I get in. I find this helps.
At least with being older my mortgage is nearly paid off and I'm nearer retirement. Don't know what sort of future some of the younger posties are going to have in this job.
I get irritable and take it out on people too. It affects you mentally as well as physically and you know its not going to get any better..
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Why
Same as Baldrick here, it also got too much for me and at 62yo and 28 years service was struggling with the job and when EVR came up i grabbed it with both hands, likewise i have enough pension to live on till me state pension kicks in. This was the best thing i have ever done and never been so happy and relaxed now and enjoying life.baldrick wrote:It did get too much for me and I did leave on VR after 32 years. But I was fortunate in that I had enough of a pension to live on. Many of the people I worked with wanted to leave too, but were just hanging on for EVR or VR. I expect a lot of them will have left now too.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Why
to be fair ive been looking at other jobs for a while now and the pay is pretty shite compared to ours. unskilled work which pays well. but how long my body can walk so many miles is a different story. short term good pay for unskilled work. long term possible zimma frame or one of those bad ass mobility scooters
-
2214MN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Why
In my mid 20s, been in the job over 6 years now. On the verge of leaving for another job. Mixed feelings really, great bunch of people to work with but it depresses me going into a workplace every day where there is so much doom and gloom.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Why
That's probably a big part of why things are so bad in deliveries, too many cutting corners and not doing the job the way it's supposed to be done, making walks look achievable when in reality if done properly then there's probably no way that they're achievable. How many delivery staff regularly arrive back at the DO more than a quarter of an hour early? All them times that DOMs see people arriving back more than a quarter of an hour early, they're bound to be think there's x number of hours that I can take out of the office.osgoody1970 wrote: if I did my job, the way it should be done, they would have to cut it by an hour, still see old colleagues, no LWT, Hct's, bags over there shoulders