ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Poll : Are we all ready for a National Strike?
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
You seem to have an agenda...SierraOscarBravo wrote:You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
Good working conditions? Are you having a laugh???!!!SierraOscarBravo wrote:You think it is tosh. That is your prerogative. In years to come we shall see who the turkeys voting for Christmas were. Scargill and the NUM destroyed the coal industry and thousands upon thousands of jobs. If he is some kind of role model for all you militants calling for industrial action then I pity you for you are as good as throwing away the good working conditions we enjoy at Royal Mail and for what???stevie247 wrote:I honestly can't believe i'm reading this tosh the biggest attack on our T+C and a POSTMAN? believes the MANEGMENT? line.£35000 a year maybe in london the rest of us £23000 full time.I will be voting for strike action like the many postal workers before me that secured the T+C we now enjoy.Take the lump sum bribe and don't vote for strike action and your a turkey voting for christmas.
Most people at my office don't feel that they can have meal breaks. Lots of staff are underpaid overtime. Unrealistic timescales for deliveries. No appreciation and little thanks. People shafted into working early. Staff working when close family members are dying. I can't see anything good about that.
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
What agenda would that be? I am independent of the unions and of management.Interested-seeker wrote:You seem to have an agenda...SierraOscarBravo wrote:You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
I don't know if I quite believe that...SierraOscarBravo wrote:What agenda would that be? I am independent of the unions and of management.Interested-seeker wrote:You seem to have an agenda...SierraOscarBravo wrote:You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
The union wants privatisation to fail. I want it to succeed.Interested-seeker wrote:I don't know if I quite believe that...SierraOscarBravo wrote:What agenda would that be? I am independent of the unions and of management.Interested-seeker wrote:You seem to have an agenda...SierraOscarBravo wrote:You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
The union wants to continue the age old "them versus us " attitude towards management. I want us to work together for the good of all.
I want hard workers in Royal Mail to be recognised and rewarded. The union screams "unfair" and "discrimation" as it offers protection to the shirkers.
If you want to be a sheep and slavishly follow the orders of your union masters into oblivion then go for it. History is littered with union failures and industrial decline.
I will not support that.
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
The union wants privatisation to fail. I want it to succeed.
I think SOB has made a very good point.
This Union is very political - far too political in my opinon.
I think SOB has made a very good point.
This Union is very political - far too political in my opinon.
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
It is up to you to take your paid breaks. If you do not take them that is your choice and not down to management. If you are starting early then again that is your choice. The rate of pay, shares, dividend payments, bonuses etc are all over and above what other unskilled workers earn so you have no reason to feel aggrieved.Interested-seeker wrote:Good working conditions? Are you having a laugh???!!!SierraOscarBravo wrote:You think it is tosh. That is your prerogative. In years to come we shall see who the turkeys voting for Christmas were. Scargill and the NUM destroyed the coal industry and thousands upon thousands of jobs. If he is some kind of role model for all you militants calling for industrial action then I pity you for you are as good as throwing away the good working conditions we enjoy at Royal Mail and for what???stevie247 wrote:I honestly can't believe i'm reading this tosh the biggest attack on our T+C and a POSTMAN? believes the MANEGMENT? line.£35000 a year maybe in london the rest of us £23000 full time.I will be voting for strike action like the many postal workers before me that secured the T+C we now enjoy.Take the lump sum bribe and don't vote for strike action and your a turkey voting for christmas.
Most people at my office don't feel that they can have meal breaks. Lots of staff are underpaid overtime. Unrealistic timescales for deliveries. No appreciation and little thanks. People shafted into working early. Staff working when close family members are dying. I can't see anything good about that.
-
Dantheunit
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
I you don't mind me asking what exactly do you do? I only ask because you labeled union members "shirkers". I just wondered what qualifies you to make that assesment.SierraOscarBravo wrote:The union wants privatisation to fail. I want it to succeed.Interested-seeker wrote:I don't know if I quite believe that...SierraOscarBravo wrote:What agenda would that be? I am independent of the unions and of management.Interested-seeker wrote:You seem to have an agenda...SierraOscarBravo wrote:You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
The union wants to continue the age old "them versus us " attitude towards management. I want us to work together for the good of all.
I want hard workers in Royal Mail to be recognised and rewarded. The union screams "unfair" and "discrimation" as it offers protection to the shirkers.
If you want to be a sheep and slavishly follow the orders of your union masters into oblivion then go for it. History is littered with union failures and industrial decline.
I will not support that.
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
What I actually said was the union offers a source of protection to shirkers. Without the union to hide behind, the shirkers would have nowhere to hide.Dantheunit wrote:I you don't mind me asking what exactly do you do? I only ask because you labeled union members "shirkers". I just wondered what qualifies you to make that assesment.SierraOscarBravo wrote:The union wants privatisation to fail. I want it to succeed.Interested-seeker wrote:I don't know if I quite believe that...SierraOscarBravo wrote:What agenda would that be? I am independent of the unions and of management.Interested-seeker wrote:You seem to have an agenda...SierraOscarBravo wrote:You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
The union wants to continue the age old "them versus us " attitude towards management. I want us to work together for the good of all.
I want hard workers in Royal Mail to be recognised and rewarded. The union screams "unfair" and "discrimation" as it offers protection to the shirkers.
If you want to be a sheep and slavishly follow the orders of your union masters into oblivion then go for it. History is littered with union failures and industrial decline.
I will not support that.
-
Dantheunit
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
- Gender: Male
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
I'm pretty sure a union offers employment protections to it's members. You just seem to be very emotionally invested in the forum for someone who by your admission isn't a Blue Shirt'? Back to the question what exactly do you do?SierraOscarBravo wrote:What I actually said was the union offers a source of protection to shirkers. Without the union to hide behind, the shirkers would have nowhere to hide.Dantheunit wrote:I you don't mind me asking what exactly do you do? I only ask because you labeled union members "shirkers". I just wondered what qualifies you to make that assesment.SierraOscarBravo wrote:The union wants privatisation to fail. I want it to succeed.Interested-seeker wrote:I don't know if I quite believe that...SierraOscarBravo wrote:What agenda would that be? I am independent of the unions and of management.Interested-seeker wrote:You seem to have an agenda...SierraOscarBravo wrote:You are merely churning out the usual union propaganda. You are being misled by a union that will destroy our business if it gets its way. If you want to go the same way as the coal industry then go ahead and do as your union masters are instructing you to.Gangham_style14 wrote:RM need to be exposed for what they truly are ! A bullying manipulated ran work force that cuts costs every way they can even if it affects the customer RM do not care, people see us posties on the streets thinking everything is all wonderful in the world of RM
The fact of the matter is it's far from the truth !
The company is in a complete mess right now and the only people to blame for this is RM not the CWU !
Without the Cwu No doubt we would have the worst t&c and added workload to the current pressures they currently pile on us.
We need to fight for our rights, I for one am defiantly striking !!!
The union wants to continue the age old "them versus us " attitude towards management. I want us to work together for the good of all.
I want hard workers in Royal Mail to be recognised and rewarded. The union screams "unfair" and "discrimation" as it offers protection to the shirkers.
If you want to be a sheep and slavishly follow the orders of your union masters into oblivion then go for it. History is littered with union failures and industrial decline.
I will not support that.
-
hubbahubba
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1045
- Joined: 24 Jun 2009, 22:02
- Gender: Female
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
SOB obviously invested heavily in RM shares,and so is bricking it because of the meltdown a strike would no doubt bring about.
Personally I'd rather bring the whole lot crashing down around my ears than put up with the bully boy tactics of managers who cannot do the one thing they are paid to do(The clue is on that blue strip on their hi-vis).
As recently as 10 years ago management was made up of mainly middle aged family men and women who understood the pressures that family life can bring from time to time,and actually had people skills.
Now you end up with graduates with bugger all common sense,and the usual lazy/brown noses who toe the line and seem to have no personality,just RM drones...
Personally I'd rather bring the whole lot crashing down around my ears than put up with the bully boy tactics of managers who cannot do the one thing they are paid to do(The clue is on that blue strip on their hi-vis).
As recently as 10 years ago management was made up of mainly middle aged family men and women who understood the pressures that family life can bring from time to time,and actually had people skills.
Now you end up with graduates with bugger all common sense,and the usual lazy/brown noses who toe the line and seem to have no personality,just RM drones...
same as it ever was...
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Are we all ready for a National Strike?
SOB,SierraOscarBravo wrote:You think it is tosh. That is your prerogative. In years to come we shall see who the turkeys voting for Christmas were. Scargill and the NUM destroyed the coal industry and thousands upon thousands of jobs. If he is some kind of role model for all you militants calling for industrial action then I pity you for you are as good as throwing away the good working conditions we enjoy at Royal Mail and for what???stevie247 wrote:I honestly can't believe i'm reading this tosh the biggest attack on our T+C and a POSTMAN? believes the MANEGMENT? line.£35000 a year maybe in london the rest of us £23000 full time.I will be voting for strike action like the many postal workers before me that secured the T+C we now enjoy.Take the lump sum bribe and don't vote for strike action and your a turkey voting for christmas.
Thatcher and McGregor, not "Scargill and the NUM", were intent on destroying the coal industry.
Are you really suggesting that there would still be "thousands upon thousands of jobs" in the coal industry had the 1984 to '85 strike not happened ?