That would be horrendous and make our weekends pretty non existent !elteleltel wrote:Saturday's are the biggest issue for many , weekends are short enough as it is . Work / life imbalance if 9-5 comes in
Now that would be worth striking over !
That would be horrendous and make our weekends pretty non existent !elteleltel wrote:Saturday's are the biggest issue for many , weekends are short enough as it is . Work / life imbalance if 9-5 comes in
Yes, indeed, I don't know anyone that doesn't want to Finnish well before 5pm every working day.Gangham_style14 wrote:I only do this job as it's suitable for picking up my kids from school, the day the hours change I'll be gone, I've been with RM for five years (almost 6) it started off well but has got worse in the last few years, I for one don't want to work 9-5 especially on a Saturday that for me is cutting into my family time !!! Gonna be interesting to see where we are at come end of August !
lee70 wrote:So what will happen with SAs? Most of them start around 3 -4 o'clock in the afternoon. Will this mean the end of them for full time posties?
There is no way that Royal Mail is not going to deliver mail on Saturdays or continue to offer caller's office services on Sundays. The idea that we are all going to get a Monday to Friday 35 hour week is fanciful. It isn't going to happen.bmccoll wrote:If RM push for and get a 9-5 (which I honestly do not think they will get) then a bargaining chip must be a M-F week and Saturday and Sunday off. Anything else and we should hit the cobbles. At Christmas. With work to rule beforehand.
Disregard and disrespect for management is not stirred up by union agitators. Managers (and I use that term loosely) are solely responsible for any disrespect they garner. Never in my working life have I encountered management like it, and I've served in the forces and been to war. I have managers that I refuse to even talk to because of their numerous and repeated lies, threats and intimidation, I used to let the lies etc go at the start, but how many times should I turn the other cheek. It's water off a ducks back nowadays but I had it daily for years because they couldn't manage. In fact if some of them spoke to me outside of RM the way they have spoke to me in work and expected me to just take it, they'd be very much mistaken.SierraOscarBravo wrote: In Royal Mail there is open disregard and disrespect for management which we see everyday stirred up by the union agitators. No other employer would put up with this nonsense. You would be out on your ear.
Perhaps it would be a better idea to build those hours into the current part time duties to increase their basic contracted hours, rather than focus on providing overtime for people already on full time contracts.lee70 wrote:So what will happen with SAs? Most of them start around 3 -4 o'clock in the afternoon. Will this mean the end of them for full time posties?
youve clearly missed the past 10-15 years of H&S tightening due to people becoming aware of their rights to sue companies who overlook this.ernieshoe wrote:But we all used to be delivering in the pitch black early winter mornings. Not a soul out in the streets if you had an accident to help.Clared wrote:I use to work 9.00 -5.30 in retail & I hated going home in the dark in the winter months, suppose its ok now but in the winter months massive Health n Safety issues. Falls, safety etc
What's the difference.
Millions and millions of people have to come home from work in the dark.
You can't be wrapped up in cotton wool all your life.
Jesus you're meant to all be adults not 7 year olds !
You clearly don't know the number of staff I do who would jump at the chance to work in the pitch black at 7am in winter to finish early.Postie45 wrote:youve clearly missed the past 10-15 years of H&S tightening due to people becoming aware of their rights to sue companies who overlook this.ernieshoe wrote:But we all used to be delivering in the pitch black early winter mornings. Not a soul out in the streets if you had an accident to help.Clared wrote:I use to work 9.00 -5.30 in retail & I hated going home in the dark in the winter months, suppose its ok now but in the winter months massive Health n Safety issues. Falls, safety etc
What's the difference.
Millions and millions of people have to come home from work in the dark.
You can't be wrapped up in cotton wool all your life.
Jesus you're meant to all be adults not 7 year olds !