DOB is the tie breaker. The way forward agreement 2000. Suggest those in your office responsible, give it a look see.Redcollar wrote:It's definitely not that anyway. Same thing happened to me and I was below someone I started with who is younger than medeltaforce wrote:Date of birth
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Seniority
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Seniority
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Seniority
slinder123 wrote:get rid of seniority too many lazy ones using it as an excuse to do less work example i worked for 10 years before you started so im entitled to finish 2 hours before you
That's not a problem caused by seniority, its one caused by selfishness and lack of Union principles. Solidarity isn't just a word, its a state of mind.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Seniority
Just needs the DOM to notice (DOM probably has already noticed) and to add 2hrs worth of work to that dutyslinder123 wrote:get rid of seniority too many lazy ones using it as an excuse to do less work example i worked for 10 years before you started so im entitled to finish 2 hours before you
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Seniority
This happened to me years ago, 6 of us started at the same time and as I was youngest I missed out on a full time contract during a re-pick.
It wasn't long until I was full time but it was done on d.o.b and I complained (a lot) and I was told next re-pick it would be done in reverse d.o.b.
We haven't had on since but when we do I'll bring it up but this was about ten years ago
It wasn't long until I was full time but it was done on d.o.b and I complained (a lot) and I was told next re-pick it would be done in reverse d.o.b.
We haven't had on since but when we do I'll bring it up but this was about ten years ago
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Seniority
Using DOB is frowned upon now as it could be classed as discrimination based on age. What tends to happen if length of service is the same and date of selection is also the same or cannot be determined is the good old fashioned toss of a coin or drawing numbers from a hat.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
Seniority
AGREEDslinder123 wrote:get rid of seniority too many lazy ones using it as an excuse to do less work example i worked for 10 years before you started so im entitled to finish 2 hours before you
JUNIORITY would make sense.
The better rounds should be available for the newer entrants.
If you've been a postie for 20 + years you should know most of the rounds like the back of your hand.