Chelseablue wrote:What if a specials scanned at 1.05 pm would the dom make a big deal of that ?
The DOM might not, but they would get a failure report from further up the food chain. As is usual when I missed one once, I called the manager and fessed up. He was happy with that as when the failure report came down he was able to say that it had been addressed etc. Always better to tell the truth rather than hope you won't be found out (IMHO).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Chelseablue wrote:What if a specials scanned at 1.05 pm would the dom make a big deal of that ?
Yes. In our office, those and local collect failures are taken really seriously. Do it once and you'll just get a coaching or a word depending on your previous, any more than that and you'll be conducted. 3 conduct codes in a set period of time means the sack.
If you know the round, and so can do it in a slightly different order, there's rarely an excuse for not doing a Special by 1pm.
The only one I missed was when the van broke down.
postiewhite wrote:I know your not supposed to do this but if you are running late with a special and you really wont make 1pm, say if you forgot and it got to 12.55 (not that anyone would) then scan it just before 1pm as not delivered then it wont fail. There is no reason anyone should miss a 1pm delivery unless they forgot but I always keep them seperate in a tray and write a list which is kept at the front of the van.
You know the new PDA puts a gps fix on the scan don't you? If you scan when you are miles away from the address, its an obvious cheat, especially if you scan other things nearby the cheat scan.