Ernie,ernieshoe wrote:you need to read the thread properlyLounge Lizard wrote:Ernie,ernieshoe wrote:Post69 wrote:Exactly my point! We all in our lives are going to need arrangements for the unexpected but having children is normally not unexpected but the amount of time I've heard family friendly and need to get home for the kids in the same sentence! my fear is its just getting hi-jacked by these people!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I have a family friendly arrangement because I am a carer for my elderly mother. FF isn't just for kids, its for any family commitment.
Another selfish postman pops up.
It's not fair BLAH BLAH BLAH
So "for people with kids to pick up from school concessions should be made - but otherwise tough titties" is fairbut for "family friendly arrangement because I am a carer for my elderly mother" is "Another selfish postman pops up"
![]()
Is Wise your second name or are you really attempting to be serious ?
So it's not about whether we have children it's that family friendly arrangements depend on whether or not the child was expected.
Now can we please get back to discussing whether we're ready for a national strike ?