ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Pushing an HCT. "2 choc ices and a cornet please postie". Handing a packet over "What's she been buying now"? Jeez.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Thought you where the police knocking 
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
When you have just walked past a house and someone in garden says "nothing for me?"
One day i was having a bad one and i just said "yes i just could not be bothered to deliver it" and rolled my eyes.
One day i was having a bad one and i just said "yes i just could not be bothered to deliver it" and rolled my eyes.
-
Maxwell1979
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Jan 2018, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Got one the other Saturday knocked door bloke answered didn't realise you worked Sundays!! I don't I said it's bloody Saturday!!
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Swift rat-a-tat-tat on the door with PDA no answer, 739 written in pouring rain, door opens
"I shan't be taking the dog out in this weather" cheers 
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
"is there post tomorrow" - it was xmas eve
i laughed somewhat sarcastically, then she asked again
"is there post tomorrow" - she was serious
i laughed somewhat sarcastically, then she asked again
"is there post tomorrow" - she was serious
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
I walked passed a house today, bloke in driveway, he sees me go passed and up the driveway of the next house, I come back onto pavement and he's there behind me asking if there's any post for him.
Well, no....obviously not, mate. Why the fark would I go to number 26, then number 30, walk towards number 32, then come back to your house at number 28!!!!
It's irritating not only because it's a stupid question but also as you are out in hot weather, carrying a heavy bag, under time pressure, your body aches at any turn and you have got to turn around and respond to the dumb question.
Well, no....obviously not, mate. Why the fark would I go to number 26, then number 30, walk towards number 32, then come back to your house at number 28!!!!
It's irritating not only because it's a stupid question but also as you are out in hot weather, carrying a heavy bag, under time pressure, your body aches at any turn and you have got to turn around and respond to the dumb question.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Not really a dumb question have seen many a postie turn back 3 or 4 doors up street.norris9 wrote:I walked passed a house today, bloke in driveway, he sees me go passed and up the driveway of the next house, I come back onto pavement and he's there behind me asking if there's any post for him.
Well, no....obviously not, mate. Why the fark would I go to number 26, then number 30, walk towards number 32, then come back to your house at number 28!!!!
It's irritating not only because it's a stupid question but also as you are out in hot weather, carrying a heavy bag, under time pressure, your body aches at any turn and you have got to turn around and respond to the dumb question.
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Yeah I hate that too. Also I hate it when somebody gets out of there car, sees you with post for them, then they start walking up there driveway until they stop when your a few feet behind them and you give it to them. Some are too lazy to come and get there bloody post.norris9 wrote:I walked passed a house today, bloke in driveway, he sees me go passed and up the driveway of the next house, I come back onto pavement and he's there behind me asking if there's any post for him.
Well, no....obviously not, mate. Why the fark would I go to number 26, then number 30, walk towards number 32, then come back to your house at number 28!!!!
It's irritating not only because it's a stupid question but also as you are out in hot weather, carrying a heavy bag, under time pressure, your body aches at any turn and you have got to turn around and respond to the dumb question.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
The bills one is the worst and most used. If I had time I would banter back and say something along the lines of "No problem, I won't bring you any more but I need your help - cut off your phone and internet, electric, gas, water and phone, flog your telly and book a court date for council tax non-payment. Then we're both happy."
Responses ranged from embarrassed grins, humorous agreement or huffing away.
Responses ranged from embarrassed grins, humorous agreement or huffing away.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Wireless headphones & iPhone with loads of podcasts I have spoke to not one customer today 
-
Startingover
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
Today, had a cocky customer showing off in front of his neighbours, shouted "put the bills in the bin" and I responded with "what do you want me to with your house repossession papers"? The look on his face and that of the neighbours was absolutely beautiful.
-
exetererica
- Posts: 152
- Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
.
Last edited by exetererica on 20 Apr 2020, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
If overtime was available, simply because I was pretty much flat broke...and that extra few quid each week made a difference, I'd have it.exetererica wrote:jamitin wrote:When your doing your overtime and its melting outside, your mouth is dry and absolutely fooked! and almost everyone says "your late postie" then they wait for an explanation when you've just explained to about 30 other people before them!
I can't relate to this at all
I worked two years for Royal Mail. In all that time I had two days off. Once a Saturday because I'd never had one off before, and then once when my little lassie dog had to be put to sleep. Aside from this I was six days a week every week. I was always the quickest f*cker in my office by a mile, and I was always one to take a bag or two off my mates if their wives or girlfriends or children had to be somewhere else and they needed to finish early.
I guess my conduct (being a hardworking c*nt) went straight against RM employees "cut off, don't work past your time, cut off" b*llocks, and I was also against what CWU would tell me but I was earning my bucks and getting around my duty - and every f****r else's - No one was as close to me in terms of speed.
Looking back I don't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing...
-
Scama_bug
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
- Gender: Male
Crap repetitive jokes from the public that make you cringe
We all do overtime as we need money especially the part timers but I dont get it why you had to be the quickest?Trail wrote:If overtime was available, simply because I was pretty much flat broke...and that extra few quid each week made a difference, I'd have it.exetererica wrote:jamitin wrote:When your doing your overtime and its melting outside, your mouth is dry and absolutely fooked! and almost everyone says "your late postie" then they wait for an explanation when you've just explained to about 30 other people before them!
I can't relate to this at all
I worked two years for Royal Mail. In all that time I had two days off. Once a Saturday because I'd never had one off before, and then once when my little lassie dog had to be put to sleep. Aside from this I was six days a week every week. I was always the quickest f*cker in my office by a mile, and I was always one to take a bag or two off my mates if their wives or girlfriends or children had to be somewhere else and they needed to finish early.
I guess my conduct (being a hardworking c*nt) went straight against RM employees "cut off, don't work past your time, cut off" b*llocks, and I was also against what CWU would tell me but I was earning my bucks and getting around my duty - and every f****r else's - No one was as close to me in terms of speed.
Looking back I don't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing...
Is not like you get promoted or get a bonus for being the fastest postman in the office, if you work at your own pace/take your breaks and don't run you could possibly earn more as you add the extended overtime.
Congratulations you played yourself