ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trimble Rubbish

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Trimble Rubbish

Post by bogstandard »

CPTNemoUK wrote:Aload of them in my office have been pulled off. you find them in the glove box or just lay about in the van. :left:
i would seriously advise against this action
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Trimble Rubbish

Post by 19times »

bogstandard wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:Aload of them in my office have been pulled off. you find them in the glove box or just lay about in the van. :left:
i would seriously advise against this action
I don't intend to do this however it is tempting :chuckle

I used it today and it bleeped a few times although I did manage to get it on green again when I parked it up in the yard at the end of my shift - third time I ended up on green yet when I go to use it in the mornings (after it's been used in the afternoons) it's on amber :evil/mad
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Justanotherstar »

19times wrote:
bogstandard wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:Aload of them in my office have been pulled off. you find them in the glove box or just lay about in the van. :left:
i would seriously advise against this action
I don't intend to do this however it is tempting :chuckle

I used it today and it bleeped a few times although I did manage to get it on green again when I parked it up in the yard at the end of my shift - third time I ended up on green yet when I go to use it in the mornings (after it's been used in the afternoons) it's on amber :evil/mad

Turn up the radio and ignore the crappy thing.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by CPTNemoUK »

bogstandard wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:Aload of them in my office have been pulled off. you find them in the glove box or just lay about in the van. :left:
i would seriously advise against this action
I don't do it, but it's nice to get in a van without one.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by cpsteve »

Some of us drivers get into bad habits having a refresher course is a good idea, if a manager has any problems with a driver why not book them one. If these devices can help us cut down on needless accidents it can only be a good thing.
mondeo1
Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by mondeo1 »

shorley theres a saftey issue with these things beepin all the time when we are driving around and also being distracted by trying to keep this thing in the green all the time
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Trimble Rubbish

Post by LouBarlow »

I do a percentage of my rural delivery on main roads with a 50mph limit. There is no way I am pulling out of driveways and giving a f**k whether my accelerating is too harsh or not. My safety comes first not RM's fuel bill.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Seymour Buts »

Has anybody actually found a way to drive without setting these things off? F**king useless they are.

FYI: there's a couple of vans at our place and people thought the trackers were broken or off due to the fact there were no lights or bleeping going on, this ain't the case. Perhaps RM are being clever or whatever, but these things are on regardless.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by datasaint »

RM are actively watching and monitoring trimble devices, be aware.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Creditshampoo »

Data from them cannot be used in conduct. Tell your manager to bore off.

But yes they can track you and then drive out and find you sitting up
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by wacko74 »

LouBarlow wrote:I do a percentage of my rural delivery on main roads with a 50mph limit. There is no way I am pulling out of driveways and giving a f**k whether my accelerating is too harsh or not. My safety comes first not RM's fuel bill.

I have exactly the same issue with one rural duty I cover, the whole round involves delivering to addresses off a very fast and dangerous NSL road with lots of blind bends and crests, it would be extremely dangerous of me to obey my trimble and pull away as slowly as that requires.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Mr Blonde »

bogstandard wrote:Or be ultra cautious and do what it takes to ensure that it NEVER bleeps. Other work may suffer but it shows we have taken on board what was said and are adjusting our driving styles accordingly.
Good idea but it'll take ages to get out and push the van around your delivery.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by eastie »

this must only be certain areas as not any of these devices in our area in the BN region
Mgmrfc
Posts: 32
Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by Mgmrfc »

borgpicard wrote:
Justanotherstar wrote:They're bollocks...you can't even go round a round about without it beeping...luckily the one in my van seems to be broken :chuckle

You can buy a signal blocker but chances are you'll lose your job lol

Magnet from a hard drive should do the trick
Tell me more
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Trimble Rubbish

Post by wallop »

wacko74 wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:I do a percentage of my rural delivery on main roads with a 50mph limit. There is no way I am pulling out of driveways and giving a f**k whether my accelerating is too harsh or not. My safety comes first not RM's fuel bill.

I have exactly the same issue with one rural duty I cover, the whole round involves delivering to addresses off a very fast and dangerous NSL road with lots of blind bends and crests, it would be extremely dangerous of me to obey my trimble and pull away as slowly as that requires.
Me too i have to pull out where cars are doing 60-70 (at least) behind me.
Not that it affects me but i'm told that if a van is started on a Sunday its immediately flashed up somewhere.
I'm also suffering from the engine cutting out as you pull away since the bloody things been fitted.