ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tivyside postman's epic ride to raise cash for Grenfell Tower families

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Tivyside postman's epic ride to raise cash for Grenfell Tower families

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/new ... _families/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A TIVYSIDE postman was so touched by the plight of the Grenfell Tower fire victims in London that he has cycled more than 100 miles to raise cash to help them.

Peter Wilson, from St Dogmaels, pedalled his way from the village all the way to Cardiff in around 11 hours, and all this on the hottest day of the year as temperatures touched 34 degrees centigrade.

He left home at Finch Street at 6.15am and rolled into Cardiff at 5.10pm and hopes to have raised around £500 for his efforts, with donations being handed in at the village Post Office.

“When I saw all the interviews of those poor families on the television I knew I had to do something and I had a week’s holiday coming up so decided to raise some money for them,” said Peter, who is married to Sue and has two grown-up children.

“It was very hot and I had to make a couple of water stops on the way,” said Peter, who cycles regularly during the summer months but this was by far his biggest ride.

“I was pretty confident I would make it but it was tough. What I did not realise was that when I got to Cardiff, it was the Robbie Williams concert at the Principality Stadium.

“My wife was meant to be picking me up there but she could not get near because of the security and had to park at the Cardiff City Stadium and that added another two miles to my journey, making it 111 miles altogether.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.