ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Gangham_style14 »

worktotime wrote:I would love to work with you . I start on time , take a break , oh and I use a lwt on every loop and never carry a bag and if I don't complete it goes back no arguments no matter who I work with regardless of the way they work or the speed they work as long as they work the way the cwu want us to work , as I have a finish time no matter what the clowns throw at me and I have kids to pick up , and does this guy work the same ? if you have an problems with finishing in your time tell the dim and you don't have to slag any of your work colleagues off for doing the job right .

Do you have a fag break
After every loop ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Gangham_style14 wrote:My attitude sucks ? Wow I bet your a yes mr manager I'll take my lapsing today even if it means I'll Finnish over my Finnish time, difference is pal I stand my ground
Too many "yes sir, no sir" people within Royal Mail, I don't Run on the job don't need to, I come in on my start time Finnish on my Finnish time, i know exactly how long my job takes and if I can't lapse I tell the managers and they don't argue, if I feel I need to raise a point I will.
But didn't you run to the manager first.

You did what you complained about in the above post.

You didn't even show the postie any courtesy by having a talk with them, imagine how that feels if someone goes behind your back. There may be a valid reason why he is slow. Indeed he may be so pissed off that everyone talks him down he may have surprised you by pulling his finger out because you took an interest. Unfortunately, you decided to make it more difficult.

Sadly although the reasons you did this may be valid, unfortunately, it's just reinforced the managers divide and conquer strategy.

Perhaps I am seen as an easy touch, but I never let opinions of others form my judgement of people. Everyone should be given a fair chance, sometimes they surprise you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Newbie001 »

Worked with many posties that are classed as slow. Suppose I may be classed as slow by some as well. I mean half the office has already left by time I start, must be doing something wrong. Some of them are part-time as well. But they're able to get in, tie down, load van, do checks, have break all before they're official start time. Full-timers don't seem to mind working with these people. Wonder why they would moan when they get put on with me.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by worktotime »

Gangham_style14 wrote:
worktotime wrote:I would love to work with you . I start on time , take a break , oh and I use a lwt on every loop and never carry a bag and if I don't complete it goes back no arguments no matter who I work with regardless of the way they work or the speed they work as long as they work the way the cwu want us to work , as I have a finish time no matter what the clowns throw at me and I have kids to pick up , and does this guy work the same ? if you have an problems with finishing in your time tell the dim and you don't have to slag any of your work colleagues off for doing the job right .

Do you have a fag break
After every loop ?
no , we just have our meal relief at the halfway point on our delivery .
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Gangham_style14 wrote:My attitude sucks ? Wow I bet your a yes mr manager I'll take my lapsing today even if it means I'll Finnish over my Finnish time, difference is pal I stand my ground
Too many "yes sir, no sir" people within Royal Mail, I don't Run on the job don't need to, I come in on my start time Finnish on my Finnish time, i know exactly how long my job takes and if I can't lapse I tell the managers and they don't argue, if I feel I need to raise a point I will.
But didn't you run to the manager first.

You did what you complained about in the above post.

You didn't even show the postie any courtesy by having a talk with them, imagine how that feels if someone goes behind your back. There may be a valid reason why he is slow. Indeed he may be so pissed off that everyone talks him down he may have surprised you by pulling his finger out because you took an interest. Unfortunately, you decided to make it more difficult.

Sadly although the reasons you did this may be valid, unfortunately, it's just reinforced the managers divide and conquer strategy.

Perhaps I am seen as an easy touch, but I never let opinions of others form my judgement of people. Everyone should be given a fair chance, sometimes they surprise you.
TBT,
Yes, "There may be a valid reason why he is slow" such as a disability under the Equality act that he doesn't want widely publicised, and of course everyone gets slower with age there not being many 'runners' in their sixties. :crazy:
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by hampshireman »

Gangham_style14 wrote:Ha, each to their own .... I come in on my start time
Finnish on my Finnish time .......
and I still manage to get my job done ontime with my current buddy, ive got kids to pick up from school so there is no way I'm gonna leave them
Waiting at the gate because somebody works at a super slow pace....
Could you learn to spell?

That would be nice.

You should show some degree of respect to your partner.

OPG divide
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by OnAFlyer »

worktotime wrote:I would love to work with you . I start on time , take a break , oh and I use a lwt on every loop and never carry a bag and if I don't complete it goes back no arguments no matter who I work with regardless of the way they work or the speed they work as long as they work the way the cwu want us to work , as I have a finish time no matter what the clowns throw at me and I have kids to pick up , and does this guy work the same ? if you have an problems with finishing in your time tell the dim and you don't have to slag any of your work colleagues off for doing the job right .
Can't any of you tell the difference between doing the job properly and being a slow, useless lump? Because one is fine and the other isn't.
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Gangham_style14 »

To be honest Bustedflush was spot on with his reply.... so people defending someone who under performs is just ridiculous , you choose your attitude to work. You can either work hard get the job done on time, or take the piss book o/t which isn't needed, I still stand by it not being fair on the people who van share their job with him and end up going over and choosing to help him Finnish loops off especially when they have commitments to get home too.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Seymour Buts »

I'm sure in all our offices there are duties that are just impossible to finish on time on heavy days without cutting corners, I've no issue with anybody who refuse to do so. I won't cut corners myself; management are more than happy for you to do so untill something goes wrong then it's all your fault. Equally I have zero sympathy for people who clearly take the piss. Said person in our office was spotted chatting for 35 minutes by another postie who lives on his walk. There isn't a work place anywhere that would tolerate that while somebody is being paid to do their job.
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

pmsl at Gangham Style.

'Finish' is the correct spelling.

"The first thing you did was fly into the managers office slagging off a fellow worker".

Wow, what a considerate and unselfish human being you are!!

Dont tell me, after you've bundled up your frame I bet you stand there arms folded making snide remarks about your 'colleague' for not being as fast as you?

Maybe even slam your full mail trays onto the york in a little tantrum?

Then when said 'colleague' goes for his 20 minute morning break I bet that BIG DUMMY comes well and truly flying out of your spite fueled mouth!?

Some are faster than others, some are slower than others, some are younger than others, some are older than others.

The one thing that remains is we are all colleagues.
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Darwinsdad »

postietom wrote:I'm sure in all our offices there are duties that are just impossible to finish on time on heavy days without cutting corners, I've no issue with anybody who refuse to do so. I won't cut corners myself; management are more than happy for you to do so untill something goes wrong then it's all your fault. Equally I have zero sympathy for people who clearly take the piss. Said person in our office was spotted chatting for 35 minutes by another postie who lives on his walk. There isn't a work place anywhere that would tolerate that while somebody is being paid to do their job.
Just like there isn't a company that would pay you to do 4 hours overtime for one hours work carried out within your contracted working hours
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Gangham_style14 »

Ralph Wiggum wrote:pmsl at Gangham Style.

'Finish' is the correct spelling.

"The first thing you did was fly into the managers office slagging off a fellow worker".

Wow, what a considerate and unselfish human being you are!!

Dont tell me, after you've bundled up your frame I bet you stand there arms folded making snide remarks about your 'colleague' for not being as fast as you?

Maybe even slam your full mail trays onto the york in a little tantrum?

Then when said 'colleague' goes for his 20 minute morning break I bet that BIG DUMMY comes well and truly flying out of your spite fueled mouth!?

Some are faster than others, some are slower than others, some are younger than others, some are older than others.

The one thing that remains is we are all colleagues.


Yeah that's me ...... NOT

I stand up for myself don't need no backing of unions reps, Like I said it's your choice to stay out delivering past your time, unfortunately the person in question has a reputation within our office, managers are fully aware of his performance and other colleagues complaining about him, and I back my colleagues all the way it's not fair his laziness puts on them, this is somebody that a couple of months ago missed a special delivery after the post woman gave it to him as a letter was turned in his bundle with "Special" written on the back on it and he missed it after he had taken it off her and put it in the front of his bag, his argument was the postwoman never told him he had a special trying to get her in the S**t,
if your happy to do extra work because your partner is a lazy ass then so be it, I don't let any managers or doms manipulate me or speak to me like crap, people need a backbone in this company. You have a time .... work to
It ....
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Judgee »

You said it yourself "You have a time .... work to It ...." so what is the problem? :crazy:

Doesn't matter if your partner runs around like road runner or crawls along like a slug, your finishing time is your finishing time. Stop doing the managers job for them, if they have a problem with this person then let them deal with it. Or is the problem that you are sulking because you want to finish early ever day? :hmmmm

If so tough shite! :thumbup
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Gangham_style14 wrote:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:pmsl at Gangham Style.

'Finish' is the correct spelling.

"The first thing you did was fly into the managers office slagging off a fellow worker".

Wow, what a considerate and unselfish human being you are!!

Dont tell me, after you've bundled up your frame I bet you stand there arms folded making snide remarks about your 'colleague' for not being as fast as you?

Maybe even slam your full mail trays onto the york in a little tantrum?

Then when said 'colleague' goes for his 20 minute morning break I bet that BIG DUMMY comes well and truly flying out of your spite fueled mouth!?

Some are faster than others, some are slower than others, some are younger than others, some are older than others.

The one thing that remains is we are all colleagues.


Yeah that's me ...... NOT

I stand up for myself don't need no backing of unions reps, Like I said it's your choice to stay out delivering past your time, unfortunately the person in question has a reputation within our office, managers are fully aware of his performance and other colleagues complaining about him, and I back my colleagues all the way it's not fair his laziness puts on them, this is somebody that a couple of months ago missed a special delivery after the post woman gave it to him as a letter was turned in his bundle with "Special" written on the back on it and he missed it after he had taken it off her and put it in the front of his bag, his argument was the postwoman never told him he had a special trying to get her in the S**t,
if your happy to do extra work because your partner is a lazy ass then so be it, I don't let any managers or doms manipulate me or speak to me like crap, people need a backbone in this company. You have a time .... work to
It ....
Gangham,
If you claim, with your "I'm all right Jack" attitude, "I stand up for myself don't need no backing of unions reps" then why did you state, at 12.17am on 16th February, that "A big problem is our union rep doesn't seem very pro active"? :no no
Maybe we need to take all your comments on here with a pinch of salt. :speak to the hand
Last edited by Lounge Lizard on 24 Jun 2017, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

I bet every office has one .... maybe two?

Post by bustedflush »

Judgee wrote:You said it yourself "You have a time .... work to It ...." so what is the problem? :crazy:

Doesn't matter if your partner runs around like road runner or crawls along like a slug, your finishing time is your finishing time. Stop doing the managers job for them, if they have a problem with this person then let them deal with it. Or is the problem that you are sulking because you want to finish early ever day? :hmmmm

If so tough shite! :thumbup

No, but the situation is bad for the partner/driver. Yes, you can cut-off, work to time etc. but when you're taking mail back, leaving a colleague out there (which feels odd and isn't how P&L is meant to work) and on top of that you feel frustrated as if you yourself have underperformed because you know with any other partner you'd have completed in time then it's a sh*t scenario for the 'normal' person!!

Perhaps the OP has pride in his work and likes getting it done in a normal and efficient manner which he/she cannot do when being obstructed and delayed by the office tortoise and bringing mail back? Some of you clearly don't have an idea of the frustration these people cause others, not to mention failing in their obligation to get non-rural mail delivered by 15:00 or whatever it is.