ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

manager coming to my house?

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
martin the green
Posts: 157
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by martin the green »

just ignore the door and when contacted tell them you were in bed sleeping as you are off sick :whistle
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by Shambles »

Highly improbable, as I live in a tree house :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by wheresourmoney »

emmaa_uk wrote:
wheresourmoney wrote:I had 2 managers turn up at my house , I asked them why they needed to turn up mob handed, the first one said that he was there on a official capacity, the second one said that he was there as a mate and friend who was concerned about my welfare, the second manager had only been in our office for 2 days, before that I had never seen him before.
bloody hell, I would have gone mad, sounds like you were on long term sickness, I believe they do then but I was only off 4 days
nope, it was my first day off,and to rub salt into the wound they sat on my sofa watching the Olympics not once asking about my health.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

steevo wrote:If any manager of mine came round my house it would be them who would need house visits for a while.
Bang out of order and the bloke needs putting in his place. Manager or not, they don't own you and the last time i looked it wasn't against the law to have time off if ou are ill.

I had a really bad back today, pulled a muscle and still went in, spent all day in the office prepping door to doors. I'd rather go in and do what I can but to be honest I was in so much pain I nearly passed out.
Steevo,
Steady on.
"It would be them who would need house visits for a while" could be interpreted as aggressive or threatening. :no no :no no :no no
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: manager coming to my house?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
"It would be them who would need house visits for a while" could be interpreted as aggressive or threatening. :no no :no no :no no
Indeed it is that sort of intemperate language on a social forum that could cost someone their job,
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

manager coming to my house?

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

[quote="emmaa_uk"]hi there

I rang in sick last thursday to say i wasnt coming in and have been ringing in every morning like told to, they are never happy about sick absences but if you are ill then you are ill. He still rings me in afternoons too to see if i am coming and friday he rang so i didnt answer as felt i had already told them i wasnt coming in and probably wouldnt saturday either. Anyway I spoke to him this morning and now he says if i am not back at work tomorrow he will come to my house personally to see how i am and what can be done to get me back to work! I told him it wouldnt be possible for him to do that because i live with my parents and they do not like ppl just coming round.
I was not happy with this myself since I am not all that close to work, be about a 12 mile round trip for him as it is for me.
Anyway to cut a long story short, it has been less than a week since i rang in sick and wonder if anyone has had their manager come to their house or is he just bluffing. I do not like him at times as feel he can be intimidating and harrassing, i feel it could be a female thing as I am the youngest one there. (early 30s)

Tell him to bring an HARRASSMENT form with him and record an conversation on your doorstep just to protect the both of you in case correct protocols aren't adeared too
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32787
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

manager coming to my house?

Post by POSTMAN »

Lounge, yes it's quiet on the board but you can't bump a 4 year old thread!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.