I have 3 redirections from the same address all to different addresses.
Miss Sarah Surname - not an entire family move.
Mrs Rose Surname - not an entire family move.
Mr Julian Surname - an entire family move,
But I also get mail for Juliet Surname who isn't on any of the redirections.
Should her mail be redirected with Mr Surname's because he has the entire family move bit on his redirection?
I have some redirections that state I must redirect all variations of first name (eg Sue/Susan) (I once delivered to a woman whose name was Margaret but her family called her Rita. Would that obviously be a variation of her first name?)
I also have some that are an entire family move and it states on the card I must redirect all mail with that surname but it doesn't say that on Mr Surname's redirection.
It all seems a bit complicated now.
Redirect the names on the card seems a lot simpler.
If a couple split up and the wife leaves and sets up a redirection, what is to stop her ticking the "entire family move" box and getting his mail sent to her as well?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Redirection question
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Redirection question
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Redirection question
I think, in theory, a letter is sent to the previous address telling them the details of the redirection. They have the chance to correct any mistakes.clashcityrocker wrote: If a couple split up and the wife leaves and sets up a redirection, what is to stop her ticking the "entire family move" box and getting his mail sent to her as well?
My ex got a letter and knew I'd set it up. If I'd tried to get my kids mail redirected, she would have known about it.
-
peterg
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 17 Jan 2008, 15:07
Redirection question
Had a new redirection myself this last week. words to the effect that I ought to redirect all with the same surname but I noticed that the lady of the house had her name omitted. Caught the family as they were in the process of moving . As I suspected, the family had broken up and the parents were splitting. If the redirection forms are causing confusion, its time they were revamped before the complaints come in!
Last edited by peterg on 16 Jun 2017, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Redirection question
Just to muddy the waters isn't Margaret also commonly abbreviated to Peggy as well?clashcityrocker wrote:I have some redirections that state I must redirect all variations of first name (eg Sue/Susan) (I once delivered to a woman whose name was Margaret but her family called her Rita. Would that obviously be a variation of her first name?)
Absolutely agree, but Royal Mail don't seem to have caught up with the idea of non-nuclear families yet.....clashcityrocker wrote:It all seems a bit complicated now.
Redirect the names on the card seems a lot simpler.
What seems to complicate things is that it appears customers are able to tick the 'Entire family move' box on the
form AND specify individual names as well.
What's frustrating about matters like this is there doesn't seem to be any internal RM process to report
procedural issues like this, we all know about them, report them to our managers who seem to do nothing about them.
Seem to have stirred up a right hornets nest here but I was just quoting what was on the redirection application form in my first post!!!!
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Redirection question
As an addendum, do you know that you should deliver previously redirected letters as addressed, the tenants could have returned by then, even though it's obvious they haven't!
-
Minischoles
- ROYAL MAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 05:53
- Gender: Male
Redirection question
The new instructions that are coming out that indicate Entire Family Move mean you redirect any mail addressed to the surname on the card, regardless of first name. If you don't it's now considered service failure and can be complained about as such and is ops attributable.
If it's a split name situation (husband or wife only moves and marks it entire family move then gets all the mail) then customer service will treat it as the applicants error and it is not service failure but acting as instructed.
If it's a split name situation (husband or wife only moves and marks it entire family move then gets all the mail) then customer service will treat it as the applicants error and it is not service failure but acting as instructed.