ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Medical Advice Please

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
1271jamie
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 18:02
Gender: Male

Medical Advice Please

Post by 1271jamie »

Good evening looking for some advice. I have been working for Royal Mail for 8 weeks now. I declared on my application that I had ongoing medical treatment and filled in the ATOS questionair but haven't heard anything. It was quite clear when I started at my depot they didn't know anything about my ongoing medical stuff. It was only when I raised it with my work place coach that a manger came and spoke to me but not in private. I am about to start weekly appointments for some complex mental health issues. I am at a loss on how I go about time off for this treatment. Has a new starter I don't want to rock the boat, but the way they approached me in the first place I found very unprofessional. The fact they haven't bothered to see how I'm getting on let alone are there any issues

If anyone can provide some help or advice it would be appreciated.

Regards
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Medical Advice Please

Post by Sir Henry »

Join the union and see your rep. Not necessarily in that order.
Yes the management are unprofessional to such an extent it begs the question, why is it allowed to continue? There must be some advantage for employing a tier of paid liars who prevent any 'problems' from disturbing the flow of bonus payments into the pockets of those who in some instances should be living in correctional facilities.

Sorry to paint a bleak picture, yes there is help out there but don't count on the screws to be too sympathetic if your appointments keep interfering with them getting a full day's work out of you on the reg. Best scenario for them is if your appointments are after your shift has ended or on your days off. Days off may be able to be changed and maybe your appointments can be too? This may be the way if you don't want to rock the boat. If you have any difficulties with the scheduling of your appointments clashing with work speak to your rep ASAP and if no joy there, speak to the area rep.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"