why doesnt he ask for world peace if he wants a miracle?Sbutts8182 wrote:Manager this morning read us an email from the top that wants 1 in 4 duties lapsed during the summer with no overtime to be booked, starting Monday.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime ban
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
Us as well South eastSbutts8182 wrote:Manager this morning read us an email from the top that wants 1 in 4 duties lapsed during the summer with no overtime to be booked, starting Monday.
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
Veeeeeeery Interesting. Wondered what was going on today. No cutting off. No calling in to say you can't complete. You WILL get the job done. IWT says so. You must be underperforming. If you can't do that in time you're a waste of space.
I predict a riot.
With apologies and acknowledgement to the Kaiser Chiefs and sung to the tune of 'I predict a riot'
Watching the posties get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee
The IWT's quite scary
The logic really escapes me
A friend of mine he got conduct
He nested a door to door product
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I tried to get to my Combi
The man called DOM he attacked me
He said that he wanted to sack me
And wants to get things a bit gory
Says the numbers tell a real story
(If you believe Jackanory)
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
And if there's anybody left in here
That doesn't want to be out there
Watching the posties get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee
The IWT it's quite scary
It don't treat our preppers fairly
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
And if there's anybody left in here
That doesn't want to be out there (beyond their contracted hours without overtime)
I PREDICT A FRIGGIN' RIOT
I predict a riot.
With apologies and acknowledgement to the Kaiser Chiefs and sung to the tune of 'I predict a riot'
Watching the posties get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee
The IWT's quite scary
The logic really escapes me
A friend of mine he got conduct
He nested a door to door product
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I tried to get to my Combi
The man called DOM he attacked me
He said that he wanted to sack me
And wants to get things a bit gory
Says the numbers tell a real story
(If you believe Jackanory)
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
And if there's anybody left in here
That doesn't want to be out there
Watching the posties get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee
The IWT it's quite scary
It don't treat our preppers fairly
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
And if there's anybody left in here
That doesn't want to be out there (beyond their contracted hours without overtime)
I PREDICT A FRIGGIN' RIOT
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
email Moya , justsayit , they wont have a clue this is going on and take it very serious , take photos of the mail left because everything in the frame has to be delivered , its wilful delay on a massive scale down to them , I can tell you if you do watch the dims arses start twitching and it wont happen again, lolCreditshampoo wrote:Many walks failed. All told to take what we didn't deliver today tomorrow etc etc. Shall I inform my MP?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
i wouldnt go taking photos on RM premises and then sending it to Moya or anyone else for that matter with my name attached
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Overtime ban
It is not your problem you do not need to do nothing other than do your job in the time allowed!Creditshampoo wrote:Is there anything I can do apart from emailing moya and my area rep?
Mail is piling up
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Overtime ban
Oh dear I wonder how many at the top have ever been posties!! None I expectSbutts8182 wrote:Manager this morning read us an email from the top that wants 1 in 4 duties lapsed during the summer with no overtime to be booked, starting Monday.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Overtime ban
So funny!!answer=42 wrote:Veeeeeeery Interesting. Wondered what was going on today. No cutting off. No calling in to say you can't complete. You WILL get the job done. IWT says so. You must be underperforming. If you can't do that in time you're a waste of space.
I predict a riot.
With apologies and acknowledgement to the Kaiser Chiefs and sung to the tune of 'I predict a riot'
Watching the posties get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee
The IWT's quite scary
The logic really escapes me
A friend of mine he got conduct
He nested a door to door product
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I tried to get to my Combi
The man called DOM he attacked me
He said that he wanted to sack me
And wants to get things a bit gory
Says the numbers tell a real story
(If you believe Jackanory)
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
And if there's anybody left in here
That doesn't want to be out there
Watching the posties get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee
The IWT it's quite scary
It don't treat our preppers fairly
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
And if there's anybody left in here
That doesn't want to be out there (beyond their contracted hours without overtime)
I PREDICT A FRIGGIN' RIOT
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Overtime ban
It does in my office, maybe indirectly.clashcityrocker wrote: Election material doesn't effect the lapsing plan.
DOM: He's your lapsing Newie.
ME: No can do, I have 1500 leaflets to prep in two days.
DOM: waffle waffle
ME: Fine, I'll take it but I'll need to leave half my duty in order to finish on time. You might want to catch one of the full timers that left the office an hour ago.
DOM: shuffles away with lapsing
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Overtime ban
Then I understand where RM are coming from.
There seems to be a lot of people who want election material moved into workload and consequently should accept that the payment will be removed.
There seems to be a lot of people who want election material moved into workload and consequently should accept that the payment will be removed.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
parforthewalk
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 10 Feb 2013, 17:23
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
The IWT is a planning value used for resourcing, it's NOT an individual performance value measurement. Managers try this on all the time with staff.. it's BS.answer=42 wrote:Veeeeeeery Interesting. Wondered what was going on today. No cutting off. No calling in to say you can't complete. You WILL get the job done. IWT says so. You must be underperforming. If you can't do that in time you're a waste of space.
The only agreed performance value/test is the 1 minute prep test & there has to be a good/valid reason to undertake this.
The majority of performance issues are down to how managers don't manage the hours either efficiently or effectively in the office, which isn't your problem!
If they persist with their nonsense, just tell them politely to go away & leave you alone as you are feeling harassed!
It's worked for me..grasshopper
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Overtime ban
I'd be happy with either outcome.clashcityrocker wrote:Then I understand where RM are coming from.
There seems to be a lot of people who want election material moved into workload and consequently should accept that the payment will be removed.
1. Here's 1000 election leaflets, would you like to deliver them for 3p a shot? Let me know, your choice.
or
2. Traffic is heavy this week due to election material, no lapsing. See DOM support and union rep for over-running procedure.
Not happy with the current vague setup. Threats, lies, unfairness, forced overtime sometimes unpaid. A couple of hours work just dumped on a part timers frame and the expectation he will magically deliver it all.
-
Stunl3y
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
My office are working to rule at this present time , walks are not going out, stuff is being brought back, its all pilling up and all you get is the manager shrugging his shoulders saying the area manager don't give a toss. Isn't it about time the public knew what was going on and managers held accountable , isn't it about time they knew up and down the land that RM are happy to delay mail that has items paid for next day delivery etc. I delivered my lapsing on Saturday as it was the first timer in 3 days I had time , that mail had sat in the frame for 3 days along with recorded and tracked items. The driver who does my area has a york full of parcels that have sat there for 4 days now and are still sitting there now because the Area manager wont let or manager staff up .
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32809
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Overtime ban
Contact your local papers/MP's and justsayit for good measure.
And it's not very hard to sneakily take a pic here and there but be extra careful.
It's a no brainer for me.
'If' you're up for it, be seriously careful with the pic thing.
And it's not very hard to sneakily take a pic here and there but be extra careful.
It's a no brainer for me.
'If' you're up for it, be seriously careful with the pic thing.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.