Short-sighted really, because if they encouraged that sort of open minded thinking, eventually somebody's going to think of something genuinely good. But doesn't seem there's any real appetite for creative thought from the workers.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Moya
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Moya
I sent an email to justsayit when I was new to the company, about ideas for improving the job/generating business. Never even got a reply to acknowledge me.
Short-sighted really, because if they encouraged that sort of open minded thinking, eventually somebody's going to think of something genuinely good. But doesn't seem there's any real appetite for creative thought from the workers.
Short-sighted really, because if they encouraged that sort of open minded thinking, eventually somebody's going to think of something genuinely good. But doesn't seem there's any real appetite for creative thought from the workers.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Moya
I came up with something genuinely good so save the company millions. But I guess sticking the top three tiers of management in a large pit and covering it over wasn't considered a workable option?!norm wrote:I sent an email to justsayit when I was new to the company, about ideas for improving the job/generating business. Never even got a reply to acknowledge me.![]()
Short-sighted really, because if they encouraged that sort of open minded thinking, eventually somebody's going to think of something genuinely good. But doesn't seem there's any real appetite for creative thought from the workers.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Moya
Not entirely, I spent over 2 months going through the procedures put in place for a H&S issue (posted on here) to be resolved, only to be ignored by managers & ASR failing to take appropriate action. I was given no alternative but to refer the issue higher to Moya Greenes office & "speak up" . Only then did the unsafe act cease. After all Health & Safety is the number one priority !Lounge Lizard wrote:So are you suggesting that justsayit@royalmail.com is useless ?rogersh wrote:I contacted "justsayit" recently & at the second attempt received a response via email from a Channel Manager at Moya's office. My enquiry was then passed on/back to the plant manager, Which was dealt with by WCM champion, Who was complicit in the issue I raised initially !!.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Moya
I suggested a very slight improvement to the job before Moya's time and it was implemented nationally.norm wrote:I sent an email to justsayit when I was new to the company, about ideas for improving the job/generating business. Never even got a reply to acknowledge me.![]()
Short-sighted really, because if they encouraged that sort of open minded thinking, eventually somebody's going to think of something genuinely good. But doesn't seem there's any real appetite for creative thought from the workers.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Moya
I thought it was ,do you have to have a photograph on the board,or a drawing to show everyone what a clever boy you are or a picture in the Courier,everyone's favourite magazine.Lincox wrote:The answer to the bogroll question is 3 sheets. One up, One down and one to Shine.rubberbond wrote:Good grief! They are still operating world class mail? I thought that had died an ignominious and unmourned,ruinously expensive death,I hadn't heard about it for so long. Are they still telling you how to walk up and downstairs,how many sheets of bog roll to wipe your arse with,after giving birth to a world class mail initiative? What a pile of patronising horse s**t.rogersh wrote:I contacted "justsayit" recently & at the second attempt received a response via email from a Channel Manager at Moya's office. My enquiry was then passed on/back to the plant manager, Which was dealt with by WCM champion, Who was complicit in the issue I raised initially !!.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Moya
If it was absorption I will find you.. and I WILL kill you!Lounge Lizard wrote:I suggested a very slight improvement to the job before Moya's time and it was implemented nationally.norm wrote:I sent an email to justsayit when I was new to the company, about ideas for improving the job/generating business. Never even got a reply to acknowledge me.![]()
Short-sighted really, because if they encouraged that sort of open minded thinking, eventually somebody's going to think of something genuinely good. But doesn't seem there's any real appetite for creative thought from the workers.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Moya
Not involved with WCM (now to be known as "continuous improvement" apparently!!) myself.rubberbond wrote:I thought it was ,do you have to have a photograph on the board,or a drawing to show everyone what a clever boy you are or a picture in the Courier,everyone's favourite magazine.Lincox wrote:The answer to the bogroll question is 3 sheets. One up, One down and one to Shine.rubberbond wrote:Good grief! They are still operating world class mail? I thought that had died an ignominious and unmourned,ruinously expensive death,I hadn't heard about it for so long. Are they still telling you how to walk up and downstairs,how many sheets of bog roll to wipe your arse with,after giving birth to a world class mail initiative? What a pile of patronising horse s**t.rogersh wrote:I contacted "justsayit" recently & at the second attempt received a response via email from a Channel Manager at Moya's office. My enquiry was then passed on/back to the plant manager, Which was dealt with by WCM champion, Who was complicit in the issue I raised initially !!.
The audit in April showed no deduction in points from the safety pillar, despite having consciously ignored a risk assessed SSoW for 3 months, Which I found bemusing.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Moya
Your better of getting an octopus to grab you by your testicles than contact the beast herself god it's like inviting a vampire into your home and as for theses surveys burn them we never see any of the results! 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Moya
not sure why people expect Moya to be able to resolve YOUR individual issue, not saying i care too much for her, however the realist in me knows that one person cant fix every issue thats being sent to her. Thats not to say management top down needs to be completely reassessed but thats another issue.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Moya
Because she is on a pay package just short of £2 million per year and the ultimate responsibility for the welfare, health and safety of all employees in the company rests with her. I would also point out that in the Courier it actively advises you to email her if you have any problem.Postie45 wrote:not sure why people expect Moya to be able to resolve YOUR individual issue, not saying i care too much for her, however the realist in me knows that one person cant fix every issue thats being sent to her. Thats not to say management top down needs to be completely reassessed but thats another issue.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Moya
yes and £2, £20 and £200 million doesnt make someone have more than 24 hours in a day. As i pointed out management top down needs to be structured to deal with these problems and that truly IS her responsibility. It may say to email her, but it doesnt mean shes going to tackle each problem head on, she might be doing it to get a feel of problems throughout RM from the postmans point of view.Lincox wrote:Because she is on a pay package just short of £2 million per year and the ultimate responsibility for the welfare, health and safety of all employees in the company rests with her. I would also point out that in the Courier it actively advises you to email her if you have any problem.Postie45 wrote:not sure why people expect Moya to be able to resolve YOUR individual issue, not saying i care too much for her, however the realist in me knows that one person cant fix every issue thats being sent to her. Thats not to say management top down needs to be completely reassessed but thats another issue.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Moya
I agree that I should not be placed in a situation of having to email the CEO of the company on what was a fundamental issue which should have been dealt with by the structures in place. But my email had the desired effect as the issue was communicated from a senior level back to the RDC thereby stopping a breach of a SSoW. I am not naive enough to believe Moya actually read my email, Although she has stated she enjoys reading them.Postie45 wrote:yes and £2, £20 and £200 million doesnt make someone have more than 24 hours in a day. As i pointed out management top down needs to be structured to deal with these problems and that truly IS her responsibility. It may say to email her, but it doesnt mean shes going to tackle each problem head on, she might be doing it to get a feel of problems throughout RM from the postmans point of view.Lincox wrote:Because she is on a pay package just short of £2 million per year and the ultimate responsibility for the welfare, health and safety of all employees in the company rests with her. I would also point out that in the Courier it actively advises you to email her if you have any problem.Postie45 wrote:not sure why people expect Moya to be able to resolve YOUR individual issue, not saying i care too much for her, however the realist in me knows that one person cant fix every issue thats being sent to her. Thats not to say management top down needs to be completely reassessed but thats another issue.