Yes, I try to scan everything too. Sometimes the 2d barcode is folded over the edge of the packet or sometimes there is a mark on it. I can imagine it does take a while to manually enter in the code which is a pain when there are already time constraints/targets, but I don't want to risk being called out on not registering codes.centenaryman wrote:if you mean the bog standard printed 2d bar code on a normal parcel wont scan,,,,we asked last year when this came in.....post and deliver as normal dont try entering in to adhoc delivery the number... as you can do with a special/recorded or tracked the 2d bar code number can be long.
I find if a drop of water gets on some 2d barcodes they wont scan.
if the parcels be screwed up and the barcodes crumpled some wont scan
barcodes on tubes cause probs.
I attempt to scan everything,,,,wether or not it will scan is a different matter...that cant be helped
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question about PDAs
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female