ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Insufficient Hours Each Week

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
flashgorton
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Insufficient Hours Each Week

Post by flashgorton »

I am a 24hr contract employee and keep being provided with only three days work including the short day (ie Mon 8hrs, Tue 7hrs 20mins, Wednesday 8hrs). Thus I systematically 'owe' the company 40 mins each week. Is it not the responsibility of the firm to provide me with my full 24hrs every week? As I keep losing out by having overtime (if there is any) being knocked off and worse still, saying that I 'owe' them the following week. Am I not entitled to my full pay every week? I would like some advice, thnaks in advance, J
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Insufficient Hours Each Week

Post by Rumple »

What your DOM is trying to do with you is "bank" hours. It should not be happening. Speak to your rep asap.
Your manager cannot say you owe me x amount of time from last week.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32787
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Insufficient Hours Each Week

Post by POSTMAN »

You are seriously being done over and it's a load of bollox, you owe them nothing.
As previously mentioned get your rep on it asap!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Insufficient Hours Each Week

Post by hampshireman »

flashgorton wrote:I am a 24hr contract employee and keep being provided with only three days work including the short day (ie Mon 8hrs, Tue 7hrs 20mins, Wednesday 8hrs). Thus I systematically 'owe' the company 40 mins each week. Is it not the responsibility of the firm to provide me with my full 24hrs every week? As I keep losing out by having overtime (if there is any) being knocked off and worse still, saying that I 'owe' them the following week. Am I not entitled to my full pay every week? I would like some advice, thnaks in advance, J
Fecking criminal!!!

Advice to go through Union is correct.

Your DOM should be shot!!
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Insufficient Hours Each Week

Post by Newbie001 »

POSTMAN wrote:You are seriously being done over and it's a load of bollox, you owe them nothing.
As previously mentioned get your rep on it asap!
Totally agree. Also hope you're getting 40 mins break each day. Can imagine they would forget to mention that as well.