Sounds a good idea. Not something I'll adopt any time soon though. If management got onto posties using three bags...bustedflush wrote:I found the triple bag was better to balance this type of loop. One each side with mail evenly distributed in each and flat packets, then the third round the neck so it was behind me but obviously containing the lighter bigger packets such as those bloody tubes etc. so I didn't cut off my air supply. Just reach over the shoulder to pull them out. Some did this other way round so the third bag was in front of your chest but that got in the way when I tried it. This worked OK mostly but occasionally when stepping over those 3-foot picket fences they would swing around and become annoying when you were off balance. There was a positive health and safety aspect though, as if you fell over at any stage you were effectively padded from 3 sides to reduce the chance of any grazes or bruises.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Double Bagging
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Double Bagging
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Double Bagging
All joking aside you all do know where double bagging is official. Yep, Canada, where Moya was in charge


All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Double Bagging
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:All joking aside you all do know where double bagging is official. Yep, Canada, where Moya was in charge
Well, try using a bloody trolley down there in that snow! You'd have to use the road for any flatness and that's risky with potentially sliding cars about! In conditions like that a trolley would be a hazard.
Mind you in the UK when there's a snowflake sighted it gets followed at a safe distance by the Sky News helicopter until it lands then reports get out of its presence and schools shut en masse, gritters come out and bosses tell their workers to stay home so it's unlikely to affect RM posties. Although I did hear a rumour that some Scottish posties once took on a delivery where there was definite evidence of a ground frost, but that's probably old RM lore that's been exaggerated over the years.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Double Bagging
I would like to see the picture of 2 full bags when he started his round and not a pair of empties
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Double Bagging


All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Double Bagging
That's more like it!
At least the bag is actually designed to be double unlike RM's - it has the supporting cross member on the back....
At least the bag is actually designed to be double unlike RM's - it has the supporting cross member on the back....
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Double Bagging
I'll stick with the trolleybustedflush wrote:That's more like it!
At least the bag is actually designed to be double unlike RM's - it has the supporting cross member on the back....